Terms and Conditions
Please read the booking conditions below carefully before submitting the booking forms & making any bookings with us:
All bookings are made with: Highland Expeditions Nepal Pvt. Ltd
- It is a basic condition that you acknowledge that this is an adventure tour. This requires some flexibility at most times. The day to day itineraries given ought to be taken only as a guideline. We cannot be held responsible for any delays in programs caused by International or domestic flights, strikes, Government regulations, weather or natural casualties or unpredictable environmental calamities etc. In such cases, Highland Expeditions shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which could be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, HEN shall not be held responsible.
- Your booking will be confirmed by email once we have received the deposit of 30% of the trip cost (deposit for 8000m peaks will be USD5000) and the signed copy of booking form and contract.
The balance is due no later than two months prior to departure. If you book a tour less than 2 months prior to departure, you must send the full payment within 7 days of confirmation by us.
- If you cancel, the following scale of charges will be incurred:
- DATE OF CANCELLATION
- CHARGE INCURRED
- 2 months before departure – loss of deposit
- 29 days to 2 months before departure – 50% of total trip cost
- 10 to 28 days before departure – 75% of total trip cost
- Less than 10 days before departure – 100% of total trip cost
- If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours, we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
- The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour, we will promptly refund all payments made to us including the deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellation). We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
- In case of the journey broken of early return upon client’s own wish or causes, Highland Expeditions shall not be liable to any refund of the days not utilized. Clients have to pay for the hotel or any extra costs incurred after leaving the itinerary & its mentioned program.
- Before joining the tour we recommend you take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. You must supply documentary proof of it. If you do not have travel insurance, you must have a credit card with at least a US$5000 limit. HEN encourages Travel Insurance to the hilt on a mandatory basis.
- The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However, the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation – Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances- No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams. We do give our sympathies though & help in logical ways wherever feasible without any financial commitment.
All information and advice provided (vaccinations, climate, trekking equipment, visas etc.) is given in good faith but without responsibility by us.
- You agree to abide by the authority of the leader. Signing the booking form implies your acceptance of the tour leader’s decisions which could affect the group or individuals. The tour leader will give you a complete briefing at your arrival about your journey with Highland Expeditions Nepal P. Ltd.
- If you have a complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with the tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 10 days of the tour completion. We shall try to agree on a settlement; this process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
- 11. When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them without let or hindrance.