- Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges
- Memorable experience in Nepal’s wonder out backs
- Captivating mountain views, traditional villages and landscapes
- Khopra Ridge and Poonhill
One of the less explored in this area is sandwiched between the Annapurna range and the astonishing Dhaulagiri Mountains
This hike will take us into unknown land of quiet forests of rhododendron, oaks and firs. As we move tread deeper, we will come into rolling valleys of budding colorful villages, giving us insights into coarse mountain life in this far out region. Due to the remoteness of this territory, this trek is the perfect one for trekkers who want a challenge into the unknown and less used trails. And you, the discerning trekker will be one of the few to witness nature in its most unique display in this part of the Annapurna, where raw landscapes mingle with the scent of wild showy mountain flowers, that can be seen for miles in spring.
Hiking to the Khopra Ridge is basically just you, the mountains, friendly people, and being close to nature. If you are fortunate, you may come across rare floral/fauna. This trek has all the spices for a memorable experience in Nepal’s wonder out backs. The inner Himalayas in this region include villages, wildlife, captivating mountain views and a range of landscapes from forest to high alpine snowy areas. The Khopra Ridge journey is heads away from the more cluttered trails of the Annapurna region and our accommodation will be in teahouse lodges built by the local folks. The mountain vistas from Khopra Ridge are the best ever including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fang and Nilgiri peaks. The view from Ghandruk is magnificent with Mt. Machhapuchhre (also known as Fishtail) and Mount Hiunchuli which is an added bonus to this trek.
Our trip commences with a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and on board, you will get bird’s views of the entire range of the grand Himalayan Mountains.
The Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek is definitely one trek that ardent trekkers will desire and watching beautiful sunsets that signals the end of a day of one of our adventures fulfilled in our lives.
– Equipment (Down Jacket, Sleeping bag wt liner, Duffel bag) worth of USD 300 provided for trekking
– Comprehensive first aid kit with oxygen backup for all high altitude treks
– Satellite phone for emergency purpose
– Fully guided trek with an expert leader and team of dedicated staff
– Medical trained staff with English language proficiency
– All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation included on trek
– Reasonable price with no hidden cost
– High staff to client ratio on all trips
– Higher success ratio
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion for 2 nights
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card & ACAP)
- Internal flight (KTM-Pokhara)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff