- Thrilling alternate to Everest Base Camp
- Panoramic mountain view and emerald lakes
- Climb Gokyo Ri for awe inspiring views
- Visit Sherpa homeland and monasteries
Gokyo Lakes Trek Overview
Gokyo Lakes Trek covers the main attractions of the Everest Region and is a thrilling alternate trek to the busy Everest Base Camp Trek. Gokyo Valley has marvelous mountain scenery and provides a look into traditional Sherpa culture. Along the way, we enjoy breathtaking views of Everest and surrounding peaks. The highlight of our journey will be Gokyo Ri (5340 m, 17,519 ft), an awe-inspiring panorama of Everest and nearby peaks, the beautiful Gokyo lakes alongside Ngozomba Glacier. The mountain views along the Gokyo Valley Trek include unforgettable peaks of Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Pumori, Thamserku and many more. This extraordinary trek visits the Sherpa homeland and their stately monasteries with a chance to witness the surrounding flora and fauna.
Our trek begins with a scenic morning flight to Lukla, from where our real trek begins. We then enter the Khumbu region through Namche Bazaar, a lively market town. Our itinerary includes 2 nights in Namche Bazar (3,450m/11,319ft) and 2 nights in Machermo (4,470m/14,655ft) before we make our way to Gokyo Valley and Lakes. The trek follows up the pristine Gokyo Valley surrounded by constant views of peaks. For better acclimatization we have two nights in Machermo (4,470m/14,655ft) before we make our way to Gokyo and Gokyo Ri. We enjoy a hike to Gokyo Ri viewpoint, before eventually making a relaxed, satisfying journey back to Lukla to board a flight back to Kathmandu.
Looking for a similar trip covering Everest Base Camp too? Have a look at our Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek, which continues as less than 3 weeks itinerary to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain and Cho La Pass.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||13N/14 Days|
|Trekking Duration||11N/12 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||5,357m/17,575ft at Gokyo Ri|
Longer treks reaching up to an elevation of 5500m where some of the famous mountaineering Base Camps are located and you need to sleep at an elevation of 5000m for few days. Physically challenging, involving daily trekking of approximately 6 – 8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Please Note: We will go the lengths to follow the itinerary given above, at times local trails or unpredictable weather patterns may necessitate slight changes if necessary. The trekking itinerary may also sometimes vary slightly depending on our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This adventure goes into wild territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the success and safety of your trip and your life.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card and Everest National Park )
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- Internal flights (KTM-LUA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and supplementary oxygen system
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose and nominal charge for personal use
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff