- Perfect short and easy trek near Kathmandu
- Region untouched by modernity
- Mountains, Monasteries, Waterfalls and Forests
- Trekking in least crowded area
Located 72 km northeast of Kathmandu, Helambu is the nearest trekking region from the capital city that stretches from north of Taramarang to Gosaikunda Lake and lower incline of Jugal Mountain. Helambu is the short and easy trek that allows unique experience of witnessing ancient culture of Hyolmo tribes that is influenced by culture from Himalayan region. The region is un-spoilt as Helambu lies in less frequented area.
Helambu Trekking Route continues through the forest of rhododendron and bamboos that provides shelter to many rare species of wild birds and mammals like Red Pandas, Musk Deer and Rhesus Monkeys. Trekking in Helambu valley is full of mountain views including Langtang Lirung Mountain, Ganesh Mountain, Yala Peak, Annapurna Mountain Range and many other peaks and mountains. There are glaciated rivers, lush green meadows and high passes.
Despite being near from capital, Helambu Valley trek is least crowded that progresses through remote villages of Sherpa and Tamang ethnics where locals still follow culture and traditions in its original form. Helambu is one of the very few regions that are untouched by modernity.
Trek to Helambu initiates from Sundarijal and progresses through route at low altitude with maximum altitude at Thadepati (3650m). Autumn (September to December) and Spring (March to May) are best season for Helambu trekking. Weather is clear during this period with spectacular mountain views.
– Equipment (Down Jacket, Sleeping bag wt liner, Duffel bag) worth of USD 300 provided for trekking
– Comprehensive first aid kit with oxygen backup for all high altitude treks
– Satellite phone for emergency purpose
– Fully guided trek with an expert leader and team of dedicated staff
– Medical trained staff with English language proficiency
– All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation included on trek
– Reasonable price with no hidden cost
– High staff to client ratio on all trips
– Higher success ratio
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category in Kathmandu for 3 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card and National Park Fee)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Trek Duffel bag, Sleeping bag and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
I went on a solo trek to Helambu with Highland Expeditions. Unfortunately, I became ill during the trek and could not continue the ascend, but they made last minute arrangements so that I was still able to enjoy the trek at a lower altitude. From start to finish they took good care to make sure everything went smoothly and that I enjoyed my stay in Nepal. Their service is above and beyond. Thank you Passang and team!
I first heard about the company from my aunt and went on a trek with them. The trip was very well planned and I enjoyed it greatly. For my future trips I will definitely go with Highland Expeditions again and will recommend them to my friends back home.