- Lhotse Expedition with Island peak climb
- Climb the fourth highest mountain in the world
- Follow the Everest climbing route
- Fully guided expedition with best Sherpa support
Lhotse Expedition 2020 Overview
|Total Duration:||57 Days|
|Coordinates:||27°57′42″ N 86°56′00″ E|
|Climbing Route:||West Face Couloir via South Col|
|First Ascent:||May 19,1956|
|Group Size:||Max 12|
|Activity:||Mountaineering and Climbing|
Existing to the south of Everest, Lhotse is the fourth highest mountain in the world. Lhotse is linked with Everest by Everest South Col. Many climbers have preferred Western Face as the normal Lhotse Climbing Route. The southern face of Lhotse is considered as one of the world’s largest Mountain faces as the southern face soar high up to 3.2 km in mere 2.25km of horizontal distance. Lhotse Massif comprises of Lhotse East (8414m), Lhotse (8516m) and Lhotse Shar (8383m). The successful attempt of Lhotse was made in 1956 by a Swiss team. Lhotse is located near to Tibet and Lhotse in Tibetan dialect means South Peak. Since Everest and Lhotse is located near to each other, we will follow the same route to Everest through Everest South Col. Everest climbers head to the left of South Col while Lhotse Climbers take the right path.
Lhotse Climbing Route
The route progresses through Khumbu icefall. Moving further from base camp, we will reach Camp 1 (5,900m/19,500ft) that exists at the top of Khumbu icefall that is surrounded with crevasses. From Camp 1, we will pass through lateral moraine to west ridge that greets us with close-up view of Lhotse. This place is perfect for Camp2 (6,400m/21,000ft). Leaving Camp 2, we will reach near to Lhotse wall by crossing glacier and ice cliffs where we will set Camp3 (7,300m/23,700ft) . Camp4 (7,900m/25,912ft) is located near to South Col. From Camp 4, we will proceed through steep rock sections to the summit.
Why climb with us?
For over 30 yrs the people who helm this venture has been successfully organizing high altitude Expeditions ensuring safety first and service paramount. The success of expedition depends largely on carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer. We are committed in maintaining the expedition safe and success with quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other. You will be guided by highly professional mountain guides and they are one of the best in this field and has experience of successfully climbing Everest multiple times.
At Highland Expeditions, we provide 1:1 Sherpa to client and 1:4 climbing leader to client ratio. Compared to the facilities we provide; you will find our Lhotse Expedition cost to be very reasonable. We have no hidden fee. What you pay in the beginning is the final payment.
We are dedicated for providing highest professionalism throughout the expedition by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed for our Lhotse Expedition
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- 1:1 Sherpa to climber ratio and 1:4 leader to client ratio to assist during climb
- 4 bottled oxygen with use of latest mask and regulator
- Nepalese government royalty fees for Lhotse.
- All expedition organizational requirements
- Island Peak climb for acclimatization
- Service of base camp manager and climbing sirdars
- Satellite communication system at base camp but nominal charge for use
- Radio set for communication between camps
- Meals at base camp and higher camps during expedition
- Personal tents at BC, high tents, kitchen tents, dining tents, shower tents, toilet tents, store tents, cooking utensils and more for your comfort.
- 6 nights accommodation at Kathmandu Guest House with breakfast on deluxe room
- Meals (B,L,D) and accommodation during trek upto BC and back to Lukla after expedition
- Ktm-Lukla-Ktm airfare
- Staffs wages, allowances with their insurance
- Common climbing equipment
- Porterage of climbing equipment up to base camp and back to Lukla after expedition
- Khumbu icefall route fee
- Liaison officer daily wages and fees
- Applicable national park fees and local taxes
- 2 waterproof duffel bags
- International airfare
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Custom for bringing any expedition goods
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Insurance (Mandatory)
- Summit bonus
- Gratuities for staff
- Personal expenses