Pemba joins our team with a wealth of experience in climbing. Born in Phortse, a village of the famous Sherpa climbers, Pemba started working in this field at a young age after completing his bachelor degree in Travel and Tourism. Pemba’s climbing resume includes summits of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Island peak, Lobuche Peak and Mera Peak. During the winter season, Pemba works an instructor for Khumbu Climbing Center in his village teaching new climbers a responsible climbing practices to increase the safety margin.
Courses he has undertaken:
1. Basic Mountaineering Course – Nepal Mountainerring Association
2. Basic and Advanced level ice climbing course – Khumbu Climbing Center
3. Trekking guide course – NATHM
4. Wilderness first aid course – Sentinel Outdoor Institute, Montana
5. Helicopter Marshall Course- Nepal Mountaineering Association