- One of Nepal’s finest short trek
- Tengboche Monastery and lively Sherpa villages
- Get to the base of the most beautiful and iconic mountain in Khumbu region
- Bustling capital village of Khumbu, Namche Bazar.
Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek takes you to the base camp (4,420m/14,502ft) of a highly technical iconic mountain peak named ‘Amadablam’’ that goes over 6000m, and from there on its all bliss. If you are looking to experience the Himalayas for a time that suits your executive timelines, then this Ama Dablam base camp trek is a perfect fit for you. ‘Ama Dablam’ stands for or means ‘mother & the necklace’ – because the perpetual glacier which hangs like a ‘Dablam’ is similar in shape to a piece of conventional jewellery worn by Sherpa women. Ama Dablam BC Trek serves as a short Everest trek which doesn’t exceed the elevation of 4,500m/14,760ft and yet give you the feel of mighty Everest and nearby mountains.
Our trail to Ama Dablam base camp swerves into the bustling Khumbu capital village town of Namche Bazaar and Tengboche Monastery, which is the largest in the region and from both these areas we get fantastic views of the King Peak of Mt. Everest. Nevertheless, whilst bunking out in the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar, getting awesome views of Everest and visiting the eminent monastery at Tengboche, we also wade out into far-flung areas that are so wonderful to discover on lesser-known trails that are so quiet and desirable in comparison to the more crowded trekking circuits in the Everest region. A further element to our journey is a stroll into the Sherpa villages of Khunde and Khumjung where we get to see the late Sir Edmund Hillary’s projects of generosity through the Himalayan Trust for the development of Sherpa communities in the Khumbu. And we also have the opportunity to interact with the local folks which give us thought-provoking insights into their lifestyles & culture.
After our journey in the wilderness of nature, we return to Kathmandu & spend two nights in the comforts of a star hotel, with time to both chill out and take a walking tour to experience some of ancient Kathmandu’s hectic energy and colour.
Is this trek for you?
Duration for treks of this grade stretches up to two (2) weeks. Trails generally go above 4000 meters and on a daily basis, you can expect to be walking for about 5 – 7 hours. The perfect setting of introduction to moderate & challenging trekking in Nepal. Activity level/physical rating is slightly harder than leisure and involves occasional difficult days. Expect ups and downs as well for there will be hills to climb as well and the well-known ‘Nepali flat’ – a little bit up and a little bit down.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card and National Park fee)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Sightseeing of Kathmandu including guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
The service I received from Highland Expeditions exceeded my expectations in Everyway. The logistical part of my trek was flawless, allowing me to enjoy the spectacular landscape without having to worry about anything. Kancha, my guide was kind and caring along with the porter that accompanied us. I highly recommend Highland Expeditions!!