- Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges
- Memorable experience in Nepal’s wonder out backs
- Captivating mountain views, traditional villages and landscapes
- Khopra Ridge and Poonhill
Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek is one of the less explored in this area is sandwiched between the Annapurna range and the astonishing Dhaulagiri Mountains. Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek will take us into the unknown land of quiet forests of rhododendron, oaks and firs. As we move tread deeper, we will come into rolling valleys of budding colourful villages, giving us insights into coarse mountain life in this far out region. Due to the remoteness of this territory, this trek is the perfect one for trekkers who want a challenge into the unknown and less used trails. And you, the discerning trekker will be one of the few to witness nature in its most unique display in this part of the Annapurna, where raw landscapes mingle with the scent of wild showy mountain flowers, that can be seen for miles in spring.
Hiking to the Khopra Ridge is basically just you, the mountains, friendly people, and being close to nature. If you are fortunate, you may come across rare floral/fauna. This trek has all the spices for a memorable experience in Nepal’s wonder outbacks. The inner Himalayas in this region include villages, wildlife, captivating mountain views and a range of landscapes from forest to high alpine snowy areas. The Khopra Ridge journey is headed away from the more cluttered trails of the Annapurna region and our accommodation will be in teahouse lodges built by the local folks. The mountain vistas from Khopra Ridge are the best ever including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fang and Nilgiri peaks. The view from Ghandruk is magnificent with Mt. Machhapuchhre (also known as Fishtail) and Mount Hiunchuli which is an added bonus to this trek.
Our trip to Annapurna Dhaulagiri commences with a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and onboard, you will get bird’s views of the entire range of the grand Himalayan Mountains. The Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek is definitely one trek that ardent trekkers will desire and watching beautiful sunsets that signals the end of a day of one of our adventures fulfilled in our lives.
Is this trek for you?
Duration for treks of this grade stretches up to two (2) weeks. Trails generally go above 4000 meters and on a daily basis, you can expect to be walking for about 6 – 7 hours. The perfect setting of introduction to moderate & challenging trekking in Nepal. Activity level/physical rating is slightly harder than leisure and involves occasional difficult days. Expect ups and downs as well for there will be hills to climb as well and the well-known ‘Nepali flat’ – a little bit up and a little bit down.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion for 2 nights
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card & ACAP)
- Internal flight (KTM-Pokhara)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff