Booking open for Ama Dablam Expedition 2020.
- Technically challenging mountain in the Khumbu region
- Follow the southwest ridge to the summit
- Fully supported expedition with the best Sherpa support
- A true Alpinist's dream
Ama Dablam Expedition 2020 Overview
|Total Duration:||31 Days|
|Coordinates:||27.8619° N, 86.8612° E|
|Climbing Route:||South West Ridge|
|Group Size:||Max 12|
|Activity:||Mountaineering and Climbing|
Famously known as Mountaineer’s mountain, Ama Dablam is one of the technical mountain in the Khumbu region of Himalaya, that stands tall at 6812m. The glacier lurking from the southwestern face gives an impression of jewel dangling from the neck of mountain which gave it the name of Ama Dablam (meaning Mother’s Jewel), this is a steep pyramid of ice with vertical walls and sharp, exposed ridges. Get the technical climbing experience of conquering this mountain sharply pointed. Ama Dablam summit allows panoramic views of eight thousanders including Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Lhotse.
We will follow the standard route through south west ridge to the summit. This route is the safest and is free from risk of avalanches. We need to cross 40-45 degree slopes.
Why climb Ama Dablam with us?
- Guided by some of the best guides and Sherpa team.
- 1:1 Sherpa to climber ratio on summit day and 1:4 leader to climber ratio
- Quality and safety of expedition
- Premier climbing experience on Ama Dablam
- Cohesive team of climbers
- Long history of high altitude expeditions
Careful strategy is important for successful climb. Our itinerary and climbing strategy are developed by our expert team of Sherpas who have been in this field for decade. After our final preparation in Kathmandu, we board a flight to Lukla and start our first leg of expedition, trek to the Ama Dablam Base Camp. We will follow the standard Everest Base Camp trekking route until Pangboche, from where we detour and climb to the base camp. We will spend few days at Amadablam Base Camp for proper acclimatization. Rotation of High Camps is effective before making the final attempt to the summit. Hence, we will practice climbing to higher camps and descending to Lower Camps for making our body well acclimatized to the high altitude. On first rotation, we will carry small load to Camp 1 (5,600m/18,368ft) and then return to our Base Camp. On our next rotation, we will sleep at Camp 1 and early in the morning of next day, we will climb to Camp 2 (5,900m/19,352ft). In a final rotation, those feeling comfortable will sleep at Camp 2 while other climbers will descend to lower camps for rejuvenation before making the final attempt for the summit.
After Base Camp, we will set up 3 High Camps before making it to the summit. Camp 1 will be at (5,600m/18,368ft), similarly, Camp 2 will be at (5,900m/19,352ft) and final Camp 3 will be at (6,300m/20,664ft).
Why climb with us:
For over 30 yrs the people who helm this venture has been successfully organizing high altitude Expeditions ensuring safety first and service paramount. The success of expedition depends largely on carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer. We are committed in maintaining the expedition safe and success with quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other. You will be guided by highly professional mountain guides and they are one of the best in this field.
We are dedicated for providing highest professionalism throughout the expedition by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed for our Ama Dablam Expedition
See our 30 years of history: Here
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. Your leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|01 Nov, 2020||01 Dec, 2020||USD 6,000||Available||Book Now|
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- 1:1 sherpa guide to climber ratio and 1:4 leader to client ratio to assist during climb
- Nepalese government royalty fees for Ama Dablam.
- All expedition organizational requirements
- Service of base camp manager and climbing sirdars
- Satellite communication system at base camp but nominal charge for use
- Radio set for communication between camps
- Meals at base camp and higher camps during expedition
- Personal tents at BC, high tents, kitchen tents, dining tents, shower tents, toilet tents, store tents, cooking utensils and more for your comfort.
- 4 nights accommodation at Kathmandu Guest House with breakfast on deluxe room
- Meals (B,L,D) and accommodation during trek upto BC and back to Lukla after expedition
- Ktm-Lukla-Ktm airfare
- Staffs wages, allowances with their insurance
- Common climbing equipment
- Porterage of climbing equipment up to base camp and back to Lukla after expedition
- Liaison officer daily wages and fees
- Applicable national park fees and local taxes
- 2 waterproof duffel bags
- International airfare
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Custom for bringing any expedition goods
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Insurance (Mandatory)
- Summit bonus
- Gratuities for staff
- Personal expenses