Booking open and space available for Ama Dablam Expedition 2023
- Technically challenging mountain in the Khumbu region
- Climb Ama Dablam and Lobuche East
- Fully supported expedition with the best Sherpa support
- A true Alpinist's dream
Ama Dablam Expedition 2023 Overview
|Total Duration:||30 Days|
|Coordinates:||27.8619° N, 86.8612° E|
|Climbing Route:||South-West Ridge|
|Group Size:||Min 2 Max 12|
|Activity:||Mountaineering and Climbing|
Famously known as Mountaineer’s mountain, Ama Dablam is one of the technical mountains in the Khumbu region of the Himalayas, which stands tall at 6812m. The glacier lurking from the southwestern face gives an impression of a jewel dangling from the neck of a mountain which gave it the name of Ama Dablam (meaning Mother’s Jewel), this is a steep pyramid of ice with vertical walls and sharp, exposed ridges. Get the technical climbing experience of conquering this mountain sharply pointed. Ama Dablam summit allows panoramic views of eight-thousanders including Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Lhotse.
Our Ama Dablam Expedition climbing route follows the standard route through the southwest ridge to the summit.
What makes our Ama Dablam Expedition unique?
Our Ama Dablam Expedition includes an ascent of Lobuche Peak (6119m/20,075ft) to minimise the rotation of higher camps on Ama Dablam. Trek to Everest base camp & Kalapathar, climb Lobuche East and then finally arrive at Ama Dablam base camp well acclimatized and fully prepared.
Instead of doing multiple rotations on higher camps on Ama Dablam, we will trek to Everest base camp, hike to Kalapathar and climb Lobuche East Peak before heading towards Ama Dablam. This approach/strategy has resulted in a higher success ratio on our previous Ama Dablam Expedition and we plan to follow this on our coming expeditions to Ama Dablam.
Our previous expeditions on Ama Dablam resulted in a higher success ratio for those who acclimatized on a different peak. Doing this allows the climber to be well-acclimatized, refresh their climbing skills on smaller peaks and be fully prepared when they arrive at the Amadablam base camp.
Our Ama Dablam base camp is well-appointed providing each climber with a comfortable stay. We will spend a few days at Amadablam Base Camp for rest, preparation, training and a puja ceremony.
Higher above the base camp, there are another three camps before reaching the summit. Camp 1 will be at (5,600m/18,368ft), Camp 2 will be at (5,900m/19,352ft) and Camp 3 will be at (6,300m/20,664ft).
During the summit push, we leave from base camp to camp 1, camp 1 to camp 2 and from camp 2 we leave for the summit at early dawn.
Day 01 – Climb to Camp 1 (5,600m/18,368ft) and O/N
Day 02 – Climb to Camp 2 (5,900m/19,352ft) and O/N
Day 03 – Summit push (6,812m/20,283ft) and return to Camp 2
Day 04 – Return to base camp
Please note that the above summit plan may differ during the expedition period as each climber adapts differently to an altitude.
Our Ama Dablam Expedition 2023 will consist of a small and cohesive team of climbers. We keep our group size small so that it will be efficient and effective.
Why climb Ama Dablam with us?
- Guided by some of the best guides and the Sherpa team.
- 1:1 Sherpa to climber ratio on summit day
- Quality and safety of the expedition
- Premier climbing experience on Ama Dablam
- A small and cohesive team of climbers
- A long history of high-altitude expeditions
For over 30 yrs the people who helm this venture have been successfully organizing high-altitude Expeditions ensuring safety first and service paramount. The success of the expedition depends largely on a carefully planned itinerary and the best logistics and these are what we offer. We are committed to maintaining the expedition safe and successful with the quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other. You will be guided by highly professional mountain guides and they are some of the best in this field.
We are dedicated to providing the highest professionalism throughout the expedition by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed for our Ama Dablam Expedition
See our 30 years of history: Here
Personalised Expedition on Ama Dablam:
We would be glad to offer a personalized expedition on Ama Dablam should you have any specific requirements or preferences.
We understand that our Ama Dablam Expedition Program may not suit everyone in terms of their preferences, requirements and also duration. If you have any personal preferences or have any requirements that you think will help you reach the summit, then please reach out to us and we can discuss and tailor an expedition, especially for you.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. Your leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- 1:1 sherpa guide to climber ratio on Ama Dablam
- 1:3 sherpa guide to client ratio on Lobuche East Peak
- Peak Permit and Royalty fees for Ama Dablam and Lobuche
- All expedition organizational requirements
- Rope Fixing Fee
- All meals (B,L,D) during the trekking period
- Twin-sharing accommodation at the teahouses/lodges during the trekking period
- Personal tents at BC, kitchen tents, dining tents, shower tents, toilet tents, store tents, cooking utensils and more for your comfort.
- Freshly prepared meals at base camp by our expedition cook
- Meals and tents at higher camps during the expedition period
- 4 nights accommodation at Kathmandu Guest House with breakfast
- Satellite communication system at base camp but nominal charge for personal use
- Radio set for communication between camps
- Ktm-Lukla-Ktm internal airfare w
- Staffs wages, allowances with their insurance
- Common climbing equipment
- Porterage of climbing equipment up to base camp and back to Lukla after the expedition
- Liaison officer's daily wages and fees
- Applicable national park fees and local taxes
- 2 waterproof duffel bags
- Airport pickup and transfers
- International airfare
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Custom for bringing any expedition goods
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Insurance (Mandatory)
- Summit bonus (USD 500)
- Tips for base camp staff (USD 200)
- Personal expenses
What an outstanding company. Not paying through the nose, I was a little unsure what to expect but these guys were amazing. The comfort, professionalism and safety were second to none. And their schedule was so smart, it did everything to get us to the summit. Well done guys, see you again soon