Climb the highest trekking peak in Nepal with trained climbing guides, following proper acclimatization, backed by emergency safety with personal & group climbing gears provided
- Climb the highest trekking peak in Nepal
- Breathtaking views of five 8000m mountains from summit
- Led by highly experienced guide and sherpas
- Non technical yet physically challenging climb
About Mera Peak Climb
Located at 6476m on the edge of Khumbu region, Mera Peak Climb allows the adrenaline of climbing the highest trekking peak in Nepal by following the non-technical yet physically challenging route where you need to climb snow slopes and ice sections that are within 30 degrees limits. The challenging climb to the summit rewards us with breathtaking views of five 8000m Mountains. Everest and Lhotse greet us from the north while we can get close-up views of Kanchenjunga and Makalu to the east and colossal Cho Oyu dominate the western skyline. This is the perfect peak for your first climbing experience.
Mera Peak Summit Day
We will start our journey to the summit from our High Camp. The cold weather coupled with the excitement of conquering the summit will motivate us to prepare early for the climb. We will start making arrangements at around 2 to 3 am and we will begin the slow climb at a gentle pace by dawn. It is going to be a long journey and it all depends on your stamina and weather conditions. Quick descent from the summit will take us to Khare where we will celebrate the successful climbing of Mera summit.
Mera Peak Itinerary
Our Mera peak itinerary has been devised carefully keeping every aspect in mind. Careful approach, proper acclimatization, contingency day etc. are all taken into consideration. Our Mera peak climb itinerary follows a longer route giving us more time to adapt with the increasing altitude. Our trek to the base camp of Mera Peak follows less trodden trails via Surke La and Chungbu Kharka ensuring proper acclimatization instead of the usual Zatrwa La Pass. After 10 days trek through the remote picturesque villages and forests, we get to the Mera base camp for our climb.
Why climb Mera with us?
At Highland Expeditions we always believe in ‘Safety first and Service paramount’. The success of any climb depends largely on a carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer. Our Mera Peak itinerary has been carefully devised keeping every aspect in mind. We have rest and acclimatization days, pre climbing training day and of course a contingency day. We are committed to maintaining the climb safe and success with the quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other. You will be guided by highly professional guides who have experience of successfully climbing several national and international peaks. At Highland Expeditions, we provide 1:3 sherpa guide to client ratio on summit days. Each climbing group will be backed by a supplementary oxygen system, satellite phone for emergency and a comprehensive medical kit.
We are dedicated to providing the highest professionalism throughout the climb by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed.
How hard is Mera Peak?
Mera Peak is graded under Alpine PD+ which suggests it to be a challenging climb. Standing tall at 6,476m/21,247 ft, Mera is the highest trekking peak in Nepal thus a previous experience of trekking at high altitude is essential. A climber needs to be familiar with the use of harness and crampons. Basic level of mountaineering skills and excellent physical condition are the prerequisites. You will be receiving a full day pre-climb training at Khare by our climbing guides, where you will learn mountaineering skills and know the correct way of using climbing gears. It would be beneficial to have previous experience of trekking in high altitude. Prepare yourself for the climb with some regular training including running, cycling or gym work. Be prepared to walk for 6-7 hrs per day on average. Summit day can be 10-14 hrs long.
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- Fully guided climb with climbing guides at 1:3 ratio (Guide to Client Ratio)
- All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation at Teahouses/Lodges during trekking period.
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents during climbing period
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek & Climb
- Peak permit fee and garbage deposit
- Internal flights (KTM-LUA-KTM)
- Summit bonus for climbing guide and sherpas
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit
- Porterage of all equipments
- Oxygen cylinder, mask and regulator for emergency purpose
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose but nominal charge for use
- Waterproof Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Group climbing gears
- Use of personal climbing gears Mountaineering Boots, Harness, Crampons, Helmet, Ascender, Rope, Ice Axe, Screw-gate Carabiners (Lock & Unlock), Prusik Lope)
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private A/C vehicle
- Mera peak summit certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA)
- Rescue Arrangements
- Staff equipments, wages, allowance and insurance
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses - Drinks & Souvenirs
- Gratuities for staff
I highly recommend Highland Expeditions to anyone looking for trekking and climbing in Nepal. I climbed Mera Peak together with the team of Highland Expeditions and what an experience it was.
The entire trip was well planned and the itinerary was devised nicely with slow ascent and more acclimatization, the entire staff was amazing, especially our guide Pemba, who was incredibly friendly and expert in his work. In general Highland Expeditions delivered a great service.