- Trek to Everest base camp & Kalapathar in 14 days
- A full picture of Everest in shorter days
- Guided and all-inclusive trek with a full support crew
- Proper acclimatization, rest days & well-paced itinerary
Everest Base Camp Trek 14 days is a popular alternative for people having limited time and yet want to trek to the famous Mt. Everest base camp safely and without rush. Tailored for trekkers having limited time trekking to Everest base camp in 14 days is an ideal choice. The trek follows proper acclimatization and a well-paced itinerary to provide comfort and safety.
Immerse in the full Everest experience and get close to the highest mountains in the world in just 14 days. Everest base camp is high on many people’s bucket lists. Whether it’s to enjoy the breathtaking landscapes, to savor the iconic history, or simply to say ‘I was there’, it remains one of the great objectives for walking enthusiasts. Yet many people can’t afford to trek due to the longer duration of the trek. This Everest itinerary is an ideal trip for people having limited time.
The 14 days Everest base camp trek is specially devised by our expert team who possess years of experience in this adventure field. Altitude, acclimatization, good campsite, trails are the main factors taken into consideration when devising the itinerary and keeping in mind that our clients will enjoy from the beginning to the end of the trek. Our Everest Base Camp Trek 14 days is tailored for those trekkers having limited time and yet want to embark on a journey to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain safely.
This trip follows the same approach as the standard All-inclusive Everest base camp trek and includes two major rest and acclimatization days at Namche Bazar and Dingboche before moving up to the base camp of Everest.
Our trek starts from Kathmandu with a scenic mountain flight to Lukla, our starting point of the trek. Our real trek begins from Lukla, following the Dudh Koshi River as we trek to Namche Bazaar and spend two nights for acclimatization before moving higher up. Visit Tengboche Monastery and trek to Dingboche, where we will have our second rest and acclimatization day before making our way to Everest Base Camp.
At, Highland Expeditions we provide a high staff to client ratio ensuring safety first and to cater needs of the participants efficiently. We will stay at local tea houses/lodges with all meals provided during the trekking period. We also provide a Sleeping bag, Down Jacket, Waterproof duffel bag, Highland Expeditions T-Shirt, and trekking map.
Trek to Everest Base Camp and fly back to Kathmandu on a helicopter in 12 Days. Sounds interesting? Check our Everest Base Camp Heli Trek 12 Days
If you need to make any changes in our itinerary as per your requirement, please get in touch with us and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
Why trek with Highland Expeditions?
At, Highland Expeditions it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and the worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey to Everest base camp different with Highland Expeditions:
- All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip
- On the trek, you will be led by experienced and medical trained guide/leader with a high staff ratio.
- Considering the safety of our utmost priority, all our Everest Base Camp trek groups are backed up by the Supplementary oxygen system, oximeter, and medical kit be it a group of 1 participant or 15 participants.
- An all-inclusive trip to Everest Base Camp, on a trek, all meals, and accommodation are included and we provide you with an option of OPEN/CHOICE menu meaning you can choose your meal straight from the menu.
- Our itineraries are also devised keeping every aspect in mind such as acclimatization, good campsites, real-life experiences, etc.
- We also provide a sleeping bag, down jacket, and waterproof duffel bag to each participant. Lastly, Highland Expeditions has been awarded as a trekking company of the year 2018/19 in Nepal by Travel and Hospitality Awards, USA.
Is this trip for you?
Our Everest Base Camp Trek 14 Days reaches up to a maximum elevation of [5,545m/18,193ft] at Kalapathar and [5,364m/17,559ft] at Everest base camp while the maximum elevation for overnight is [5,140m/16,864ft] at Gorekshep for one night. Your trek will start from Lukla [2,800m/9,187ft] and you reach an elevation of [5,000m/16,400ft] in eight days including two rest and acclimatization days at Namche and Dingboche. Physically challenging due to the higher elevation, involves daily trekking of approximately 6–8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 2 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (National Park & TIMS Card)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUKLA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and oxygen
- Satellite phone for emergency and nominal charge for personal use.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
The gear listed below is recommended for this trip. We encourage you to get all the equipment listed below for the trip and kindly ensure you check and try every piece of equipment. You can also buy or hire the same in Thamel,Kathmandu as they are available in the many trekking shops from branded to local manufacturers in Kathmandu.
- Warm hat (should cover head & ear comfortably)
- Buffs X 2
- Sunglasses (High-quality, UV-blocking sunglasses with good all-around protection)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (200-300 lumens output)
- Thermal or fleece base layer top X 2
- Short Sleeve Trekking shirts X 2
- Full Sleeve trekking shirts X 2
- Soft-shell jacket/fleece jacket X 2
- Light down jacket X 1
- Hardshell jacket with a hood X 1
- Insulated Down Jacket (provided by us at request)
- Thermal or fleece base layer bottom X 2
- Trekking trousers/pants X 2
- Warm trekking trousers X 1
- Hardshell pants (Non-insulated and waterproof)
- Insulated down pants (optional)
- 5 pairs of underwear (synthetic or wool fabrics only)
- 2 Sports Bra for women
- Waterproof Hiking Boots (GoreTex and Good Tread)
- Hiking socks X 4 pairs medium to heavy (synthetic and wool)
- Liner socks X 2
- Camp shoes to wear at the teahouse
- Softshell gloves X 1
- Heavyweight gloves X 1
Gears / Personal equipment:
- Daypack 30-35 litres with rain cover
- Waterproof Duffel bag (provided by us at request)
- Down Sleeping bag (-15 C rated) (provided by us at request)
- One-litre capacity water bottle X 2 (Nalgene & Thermos)
- Trekking poles
- Camera with charger or spare batteries
- Personal snacks and energy bars (you can buy them during the trek too)
- Laundry bag to keep the dirty clothes
- Padlock (Optional)
- Rain Poncho
- Large plastic bags to keep the clothes dry
- Extra clothes to wear in Kathmandu when you come back from the trek.
- Sandals or sneaker (To wear around camps and Kathmandu)
Toiletries and hygiene
- Quick-drying towel
- Small face towel
- Toothbrush &Toothpaste
- Face mask
- Water treatment tools or tablets (Recommended: Aquatabs)
- Soap and Shampoo/Dry shampoo (Smaller bottle)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Sunscreen SPF30+ and Lip balm SPF 30+
- Hand sanitiser/Antiseptic wipes
- Hygiene products
- Basic first aid kit (Pepto Bismol, Cipro (500mg tablets), Metronidazole, Hydration salts, Eye drops, Azithromycin (250mg tablets), Diamox (250mg tablets, approx. 20 total), and variety of standard painkillers including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc)
- Passport with visa and validity of 6 months after your trip completion
- 2 copies of passport-size photos (For sim card and travel purposes)
- Credit cards in case of emergencies
- Driving ID or any other ID in case of loss of your passport
- Travel Insurance and Flight tickets
Read more about the equipment list for the Everest base camp trek
I feel I must write to thank Highland Expeditions for the trip of a lifetime.
All we had to do was turn up, walk and enjoy. Highland Expeditions offered everything as promised and took care of all arrangements. The booking procedures, the documentation and advice given helped us to prepare for the trip very well.
The boys were always extremely helpful. The team at Highland Expeditions went above and beyond to ensure a wonderful holiday experience.
I would like to thank Passang and his team at Highland Expeditions for organising and running the trek just so perfectly. Highland Expeditions was professional and courteous from the initial booking to the end of my trip. Very efficient and well informed that help me plan my trek appropriately.