Our Everest Base Camp Trek 14 days is tailored for those trekkers having limited time and yet want to embark on a journey to the base camp of world’s highest mountain safely
- Trek to the base camp of Mt. Everest in 14 days
- A full picture of Everest in shorter days
- Guided trek with a full support crew
- Proper acclimatization and rest days
Short in time and yet want to trek to Everest Base Camp? Well, the Everest base camp trek 14 days is ideal for you. Immerse in the full Everest experience and get close to the highest mountains in the world in just 14 days. Everest base camp is high on many people’s bucket lists. Whether it’s to enjoy the breathtaking landscapes, to savour the iconic history or simply to say ‘I was there’, it remains one of the great objectives for walking enthusiasts. Yet many people can’t afford to trek due to the longer duration of the trek. This Everest itinerary is an ideal trip for people having limited time. The 14 days Everest base camp trekking is specially devised by our expert team who possess years of experience in this adventure field. Altitude, acclimatization, good campsite, trails are the main factors taken into consideration when devising the itinerary and keeping in mind that our clients will enjoy from the beginning to the end of the trek. Our Everest Base Camp Trek 14 days is tailored for those trekkers having limited time and yet want to embark on a journey to the base camp of world’s highest mountain safely. This trip follows the same approach as the standard All inclusive Everest base camp trek and includes two major rest and acclimatization days at Namche Bazar and Dingboche before moving up to the base camp of Everest.
Our trek starts from Kathmandu with a scenic mountain flight to Lukla, our starting point of the trek. Our real trek begins from Lukla, following the Dudh Koshi River as we trek to Namche Bazaar and spend two nights for acclimatization before moving higher up. Visit Tengboche Monastery and trek to Dingboche, where we will have our second rest and acclimatization day before making our way to Everest Base Camp.
At, Highland Expeditions we provide a high number of staff to client ratio ensuring safety first and to cater needs of the participants efficiently. We will stay at local tea houses/lodges with all meals provided during the trekking period. We also provide a Sleeping bag, Down Jacket, Waterproof duffel bag, Highland Expeditions T-Shirt and trekking map.
Trek to Everest Base Camp and fly back to Kathmandu on a helicopter in 12 Days. Sounds interesting? Check our Everest Base Camp Heli Trek 12 Days
Why trek with Highland Expeditions?
At, Highland Expeditions it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and the worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey to Everest base camp different with Highland Expeditions:
- All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip
- On the trek, you will be led by experienced and medical trained guide/leader with a high staff ratio.
- Considering the safety of our utmost priority, all our Everest Base Camp trek groups are backed up by Supplementary oxygen system, oximeter, and medical kit be it a group of 1 participant or 15 participants.
- An all-inclusive trip to Everest Base Camp, on a trek, all meals and accommodation are included and we provide you with an option of OPEN/CHOICE menu meaning you can choose your meal straight from the menu.
- Our itineraries are also devised keeping every aspect in mind such as acclimatization, good campsites, real-life experiences, etc.
- We also provide a sleeping bag, down jacket and waterproof duffel bag to each participant. Lastly, Highland Expeditions has been awarded as a trekking company of the year 2018/19 in Nepal by Travel and Hospitality Awards, USA.
Is this trip for you?
|Total Duration||13N/14 Days|
|Trekking Duration||11N/12 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||5,545m/18,193ft at Kalapathar|
Our Everest Base Camp Trek 14 Days reaches up to a maximum elevation of [5,545m/18,193ft] at Kalapathar and [5,364m/17,559ft] at Everest base camp while the maximum elevation for overnight is [5,140m/16,864ft] at Gorekshep for one night. Your trek will start from Lukla [2,800m/9,187ft] and you reach an elevation of [5,000m/16,400ft] in eight days including two rest and acclimatization days at Namche and Dingboche. Physically challenging due to the higher elevation, involves daily trekking of approximately 6–8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Route Map/Elevation in Meter:
Note: Maximum elevation of each particular day has been put into the graph, the overnight elevation may be lower than as shown in the graph.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 2 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (National Park & TIMS Card)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUKLA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and oxygen
- Satellite phone for emergency and nominal charge for personal use.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
I can’t say enough good things about traveling with Highland Expeditions! From communication and information before the trip, to getting me out of Lukla during bad weather after the trek, I felt really lucky to be with Highland Expeditions.
I made it to EBC with no altitude sickness, had an amazing local guide who helped me go at a slow pace and knew all about the region. I felt safe (as a solo young female traveler) the entire time, and reaching EBC was one of the highs of my life!
Passang organized a custom solo trip for me. He answered all of my questions before and during, did all of my airport transfers and set up a really great tour around Kathmandu with a private guide for one of my extra days.
More than anything though, I knew I went with the right tour company when all flights were cancelled to and from Lukla due to the weather after the trek. After only two days of being stuck, Passang got me the last spot on the last helicopter leaving for that day (only 2 helicopters had gone in days). Everyone else at my lodge was still stuck, some people for almost 8 days. To get a helicopter you HAVE to have someone with connections in Kathmandu and Passang made sure I got out and made my international flight.
This trip was the trip of a lifetime for me! Every day was filled with the most amazing views I’ve ever seen and I will remember it for the rest of my life! I think everyone should do this trip and use Highland Expeditions!