- Excellent preliminary peak for Everest
- Easiest of the fourteen 8,000m peaks
- Fully guided expedition with highest success rate
- 6th highest mountain in the world
Cho Oyu Expedition 2020 Overview
Cho Oyu is the Tibetan term which means The Turquoise God. Cho Oyu Expedition takes us to the top of the world’s sixth-highest mountain that stands tall with 8,201m height. Cho Oyu Mountain receives more visitors in comparison to most of the other eight thousanders due to the easy access. Many Mountain climbers prefer to begin climbing 8000m+ Mountain with Cho Oyu. It is because this mountain has the highest success rate in comparison to other mountains.
Cho Oyu is located 70km west of Everest. The commercial climbing route for Cho Oyu begins from the northwest face.
Our expedition itineraries are devised carefully keeping every aspect in mind. Our Cho Oyu Expeditions begins with a flight to Lhasa instead of the drive via Nepal-Tibet Border. Upon arrival in Lhasa until we reach our home for a few weeks, Cho Oyu Base Camp, we have kept rest and acclimatization to ensure our bodies are well adapted with the high altitude. We will spend a few days at Cho Oyu Base Camp where pre-climb training will be organized. For maximum chances of a successful climb, we will follow the rotation of higher camps technique. There will be one advanced base camp and three High Camps before climbing to the summit. We will follow the route through the northwest ridge to the summit of Cho Oyu
Why climb Cho Oyu with us?
For over 30 yrs the people who helm this venture has been successfully organizing high altitude Expeditions ensuring safety first and service paramount. The success of the expedition depends largely on a carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer. We are committed to maintaining the expedition safe and success with the quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other. You will be guided by highly professional mountain guides and they are one of the best in this field.
At Highland Expeditions, we provide 1:1 Sherpa to a client and 1:4 climbing leader to client ratio. Compared to the facilities we provide; you will find our Cho Oyu Expedition cost to be very reasonable. We have no hidden fee. What you pay in the beginning is the final payment. We are dedicated to providing the highest professionalism throughout the expedition by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed for our Cho Oyu Expedition.
Our Sherpa Crew
Our Sherpa crews are critical to the success of your climbs that you do with us. We, us professionally trained Sherpa guides & sirdars who are just not hikers & climbers on the mountains but have been trained to perform this task with a lot of common sense & guile.
Kunga Sherpa, Everest summiter and founder of Highland Expeditions, who has successfully guided and organized over 40 expeditions to 8000m as an expedition sirdar oversees our experienced Sherpa crew that will be with you on the climb. We ensure that they are confident & experienced. Most of our guides were born in these parts & have relatives living on other parts of the regions where they were born in. We know that locally born staffs are a vital cog in that wheel of sometimes dangerous adventure where anything can happen.
At Highland Expeditions, we always make sure that our mountain crews are highly motivated & never compromise.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. Your leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- Chinese government royalty fees for Cho Oyu
- All expedition organizational requirements
- 6 nights accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing with Breakfast.
- All airport/land transfers as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Kathmandu – Lhasa Airfare
- 1:1 Sherpa to Climber and 1:4 Leader to Climber ratio to assist during summit push
- 3 bottled oxygen with use of mask and regulator
- Service of base camp manager and climbing sirdars
- Satellite communication system at base camp but nominal charge for use
- Radio set for communication between camps
- Meals at base camp and higher camps during expedition
- Member’s personal luggage transfer from base camp to advance base camp and from advance base camp to base camp (Maximum 40kg).
- Accommodation and meals during travelling to base camp and back to Kathmandu after expedition
- All kitchen tents, dining tents, shower tents, toilet tents, store tents and cooking utensils
- Staffs wages, allowances with their insurance
- Common climbing equipment
- liaison Officer Fee and Garbage Deposit
- 2 waterproof duffel bags
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Personal Insurance and Visa Fee
- Custom for bringing any expedition goods
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Summit bonus USD 1000