- Off the beaten trail to Beyul, one of eight sacred hidden valleys in the Himalayas
- Traverse Daldung La pass/Less trodden route
- Area unknown to many trekkers and climbers
- Beautiful sceneries, diverse geography and rich culture
Rolwaling Valley Trek with Daldung La Overview
Rolwaling Valley trek with Daldung La pass is a fantastic off-the-beaten trek that takes you through the remote and virgin territory of the Rolwaing region. Something akin to nature’s gem that sits between the lovely Langtang Region to the west and the ever-well-known Everest Region to the east.
Often the major trekking routes in Nepal have everything figured out; easy trail, best accommodations, tea houses and many more. However, these facilitated treks have their own drawback. Inconveniences such as traffic on the route can be a great turn-off while trekking. For this, here we present you the Rowlaling Valley trek with Daldung La Pass, a less trodden route which sees very few footprints and winds through the far-flung, virgin territory of Rolwaling.
Rolwaling Valley Trek with Daldung La Pass is one such trek that will blow your mind to bliss. The mountain vistas and village landscapes shared with cultural gaiety and rural lifestyles integrate into discoveries that are simply unforgettable…for any length of time. Numerous airy suspension bridges across gorges help cut down the climbs. Brilliant peak views could be had from the high alpine section of Daldung La pass at (3900m), and then more continuously as the path rises.
Our journey to Rolwaling Valley starts with an 8 hrs drive from Kathmandu to Chechet. Rolwaling region lies in the northeast of Kathmandu, which sits south of Tibet. From Chechet, we plod on by Sherpa settlements and thick forests passing through remote villages and terrain.
Our Rolwaling trek itinerary includes a traverse of the untrodden Daldung La pass. The pass is barely trodden and the sublime vistas of the Mountains from the pass make this even better. The trail provides a fantastic view of Gauri-Shankar at (7145 m/23816 ft) a peak named after the mythical Hindu couple Shiva and Parvati.
The Sherpas aptly call this valley of Rolwaling – “The Grave or Furrow” – due to its geography along the Rolwaling Khola that sits deep below the so many ice-giants that hover above this abnormal east-west valley. Rolwaling is thought to be a Beyul, one of only eight sacred, hidden valleys in the Himalaya stretch which is said to protect the mountain gods.
Rolwaling Valley, apart from its beautiful sceneries, diverse geography and religious values; this region has alone produced several world-class Sherpas who have histories and records made when it comes to the mountaineering world.
Many strange and legendary stories have done the rounds about this valley, through which the ancestors of the present-day Sherpas once came. It is here that the notorious and celebrated Yeti is assumed to have his home.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||12N/13 Days|
|Trekking Duration||09N/10 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||4,600m/15,092ft at Tso Rolpa|
Duration for treks of this grade stretches up to two (2) weeks. Trails generally go above 4000 meters and on a daily basis, you can expect to be walking for about 5 – 7 hours. The perfect setting for introduction to moderate & challenging trekking in Nepal. Activity level/physical rating is slightly harder than leisure and involves occasional difficult days. Expect ups and downs as well for there will be hills to climb as well and the well-known ‘Nepali flat’ – a little bit up and a little bit down.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) whilst on the trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation on tent and teahouse/lodge.
- High quality tents for accommodation, dining, kitchen and more for your comfort.
- All required permits for trek
- Experienced local trek leader
- Full support crew including kitchen staffs and 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private A/C vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private A/C vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
I engaged the services of this company recently to do a solo trek – helpful porter and an informative and supportive guide. You need one especially when you are trekking in high altitude. Thank you Highland Expeditions for a good and memorable adventure!