- Experience Everest in style
- Tailored Itinerary with a slow approach and more acclimatization
- Stay at 5-star hotel and luxury lodges on the trek
- Fly back to Kathmandu on a helicopter
Trek to Everest base camp in a luxurious way. Stay at a 5-star hotel in Kathmandu, Luxurious lodges on the trek and fly back to Kathmandu on a helicopter.
Everyone loves a little luxury and sometimes it is more fun. On our Luxury Everest base camp trek, you will get to experience a little more luxury whilst undertaking the journey to the base camp of Mt. Everest. Stay in a 5-star hotel at Kathmandu, stay at comfortable luxury lodges on the trek and fly back to Kathmandu on a helicopter at the end of your trek.
Our Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek is an ultimate luxury holiday in Everest region with remarkable highlights such as well-paced itinerary, fully guided and supported trekking to the base camp, 5 star hotel in Kathmandu, luxury lodges for 3 nights at Phakding and Namche, comfortable teahouses on higher places and a Everest helicopter tour overlooking the trail you’ve just hiked and enjoyed the scenery from the air. Trek to Everest base camp following the standard itinerary with a careful approach and proper acclimatization. Two rest and acclimatization days (Namche and Dingboche) are scheduled in the itinerary for proper acclimatization and also instead of going straight to Lobuche from Dingboche, you will spend a night at Dhugla. You will be guided by an experienced leader with a higher staff ratio and each group will be backed up with supplementary oxygen system and comprehensive medical kit. This 14 days of adventure is perfect for people who would like a little more luxury while ticking off their bucket list of reaching Everest base camp.
Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek begins with your arrival in Kathmandu. Your trip leader will receive you at the airport and escort you to your hotel in Kathmandu. After a well rest depending on your flight time, this evening there will be a welcome dinner for you at a typical Nepalese restaurant. Next morning, your day begins with half-day sightseeing of Kathmandu’s highlights and at evening time, there will be a trip briefing covering all the important aspects of the trek. Your trek begins from Day 03 as you fly to Lukla, the flight time is about 30 mins and your journey commences from here onwards. We will follow the standard itinerary to the base camp while following a careful approach and proper acclimatization. Two major acclimatization days are scheduled in Namche and Dingboche. Both days you will climb high and sleep low, adapting yourself with the increasing altitude. An experienced leader with a higher staff ratio depending on your group size will accompany you and guide you throughout the trek. This holiday is an all-inclusive Everest base camp trek, all meals are included in the trek and hot water will be provided too. With all this followed and done, we step into the base camp of Mt. Everest and conclude the journey with a helicopter flight back to Kathmandu the next day from Pheriche. You will be escorted to the airport for your flight back home as per your flight departure time.
What makes our luxury Everest base camp trek different?
‘’Luxury must be comfortable. Otherwise, it is not luxury’’ Our Luxury Everest Trek has been tailored keeping this quote in mind. Service is of paramount and we have crafted a well-devised itinerary including two acclimatization days and overnight at Thugla [4,650m15,250ft] instead of going straight to Lobuche [4,910m/16,109ft] from Dingboche [4,412m/14,475ft]. This trip is suitable for people with no previous experience of trekking at high altitude. Safety is of the highest importance when travelling with Highland Expeditions and on this trip, you will have a higher staff ratio, unlike other standard itineraries. We will provide 1 assistant guide to every 3 participants.
Is this trek suitable for you?
- Our Everest Luxury Trek reaches up-to a maximum elevation of [5,500m/18,195ft] at Kalapathar with a maximum elevation of overnight at [5,140m/16,865ft] at Gorekshep for one night.
- Our trek follows a properly planned acclimatization but you should be fit enough to walk for 11 days at an increasing altitude starting from [2,800m/9,185ft] at Lukla.
- A daily walk of 6 hrs on average is expected to carry your small backpack (5kgs) which should consist your valuables, water, camera, snacks etc.
- Your main duffel bag will be carried by the porter and you will be guided by an experienced leader with assistant guides to assist throughout the trek.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Whether or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|06 Oct, 2019||19 Oct, 2019||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|20 Oct, 2019||02 Nov, 2019||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|03 Nov, 2019||16 Nov, 2019||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|15 Mar, 2020||28 Mar, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|05 Apr, 2020||18 Apr, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|19 Apr, 2020||02 May, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|03 May, 2020||16 May, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|17 May, 2020||30 May, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|13 Sep, 2020||26 Sep, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|27 Sep, 2020||10 Oct, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|04 Oct, 2020||17 Oct, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|18 Oct, 2020||31 Oct, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|01 Nov, 2020||14 Nov, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
|15 Nov, 2020||28 Nov, 2020||USD 3800||Available||Book Now|
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at 5 star hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card and Everest National Park)
- Accommodation at Luxury Hotel (Yeti Mountain Home) at Phakding and Namche
- Accommodation at comfortable lodges with attached bathroom for 6 nights
- Internal flights (KTM-LUA)
- Gorekshep to Kathmandu chartered helicopter service
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:2 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and supplementary oxygen system
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose and nominal charge for personal use
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
The managing director, Passang, has perfect English and is a true Sherpa by heritage and experience. This business is a family affair and his father, Kunga, who has guided 8000m 40 times!!! Lead our expedition. We all succeeded on making Everest base camp and kalapatthar despite living at sea level our whole life. The experience of Kunga and Passang got us to the top. We had all the best accommodation which made the trip enjoyable and comfortable. Highland expeditions did their very best to make our trip amazing. Honesty and value. We paid the best price compared to all the people I’ve spoken to since and we had a helicopter descent. 10/10 would recommend and will use highland expeditions again soon for the Annapurna circuit.