- Attainable peak with no previous climbing experience
- Panoramic views of mountains and lower valleys
- Mixed climbing of Ice, Snow and Rock
- Good entree for beginning mountaineers
Yalung Ri Peak Climb is a non-technical mountain located in the eastern part of Nepal, Rolwaling Valley. At 5630m altitude, Yalung Ri peak climb consists of a mixed climbing of Rock, Ice and Snow. An ideal peak for beginner, Yalung Ri is a perfect peak for people with limited to no previous experience of climbing. The peak serves as a good entree for beginning mountaineers.
Yalung Ri climb is not a walk-up though and requires the usage of Crampons, Rope work and Ice-Axe. The climb of Yalung Ri begins with a traverse of rocky terrain from the base camp and slowly progresses through the ice glacial section, the crampon point. From here, the ascent to the summit is moderate non-technical snow and rock climb that poses few technical challenges. The route to the summit follows through a ridge. Combined with a mixed climb of snow, ice and rock, the steepness extends up to 40 degrees at some angle.
Although the altitude of Yalung Ri is relatively less as compared to other trekking peaks of Nepal, Yalung Ri demands respect and requires proper mountaineering gears. We have devised a proper itinerary keeping every important aspect in mind to maximize the success ratio. We will tackle the 700m climb from base camp to the summit in one day.
Yalung Ri Itinerary Overview
We begin our trip with a trek to Rolwaling valley keeping enough rest and acclimatization. Following the Rolwaling Khola, we pass by Kyalje, Dongang, Beding and Naa. We have kept two nights at Beding and Naa for better acclimatization purpose. From Na Gaon, 4 hrs of the steep climb will take us to the base camp of Yalung Ri at 4900m. As usual, the climb to the summit will begin early morning before dawn and the total duration of the climb will be 6-8 hrs on average depending on your performance.
Yalung Ri summit provides a panoramic view of Rolwaling Himal and wide valley of lowland. The view from the summit is simply breathtaking. One would find it hard to believe that you are only at 5630 metres above sea level.
Most of our guides hail from Rolwaling region and we take great pride in being able to offer guided climbs to Yalung Ri with the best service possible.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Fully guided climb with climbing guides at 1:3 ratio (Guide to Client Ratio)
- All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation at Teahouses/Lodges during the trekking period.
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents during the climbing period
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for the trek and climb
- Porterage of all equipment
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Comprehensive first aid kit with a supplementary oxygen system
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose and a nominal charge for personal use
- Use of waterproof Duffel bag, a Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket
- Group climbing gears
- Use of personal climbing gears [Mountaineering Boots, Harness, Crampons, Helmet, Ascender, Rope, Ice Axe, Screw-gate Carabiners (Lock & Unlock), Prusik Loop)
- Guides summit bonus, insurances and allowances
- Rescue arrangements
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses - Drinks & Souvenirs
- Gratuities for staff