- Best of Everest in a single trek
- Two of the best viewpoints (Gokyo Ri and Kalapathar)
- Helicopter flight back to Kathmandu
- Rest and Acclimatization at Namche and Machermo
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Heli Trek Overview
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Heli Trek covers the main attractions of Everest Region in a single trek and is a thrilling alternate trek to the Everest Base Camp Trek. This trek includes marvellous scenery of some of the highest mountains in the world and provides a look into traditional Sherpa culture with a spectacular helicopter flight back to Kathmandu from Dingboche. The highlight of our journey will be Gokyo Ri [5,357m/17,575ft], Cho La Pass [5,420m/17,783ft], Everest Base Camp[5,364m/17,559ft] and Kalapathar [5,545m/18,193ft] with an awe-inspiring panorama of Everest and nearby peaks, the beautiful Gokyo lakes alongside Ngozumpa Glacier combining with a scenic helicopter ride back to Kathmandu.
Our journey includes two of the greatest viewpoints (Gokyo Ri and Kalapathar) in the world as well as a climb over the Cho La Pass [5,420m/17,783ft], the exciting high pass that connects the Gokyo and Everest Valleys. The mountain views along the Gokyo and Everest Base Camp Heli Trek include unforgettable peaks of Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Pumori, Thamserku and many more. This extraordinary trek visits the Sherpa homeland and their stately monasteries with a chance to witness the surrounding flora and fauna.
EBC Gokyo Heli Trek begins from Kathmandu as we take a scenic morning flight to Lukla on STOL Aircraft from where our trek begins. We then enter the Khumbu region through Namche Bazaar, a lively market town as we follow up the pristine Gokyo Valley surrounded by constant views of peaks and Gokyo lake. Our itinerary includes 2 rest and acclimatization days at Namche [3,450m/11,319ft] and Machermo [4,470m/14,665ft] before moving up to Cho La Pass and EBC. After the pass, we connect to the main trail of Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar. After visiting EBC and Kalapathar we retrace our way to Dingboche eventually to board a chartered helicopter flight back to Kathmandu.
What makes this trip unique?
- Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Heli Trek is one spectacular trip that will blow your mind for sure.
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Lakes and two major viewpoints in Everest region (Gokyo Ri and Kalapathar) with a helicopter flight all the way back to Kathmandu instead of returning back to Lukla to board a plane.
- In 15 days, trek to the base camp of world’s highest mountain, visit Gokyo Lakes, witness panoramic views from Gokyo Ri and Kalapathar and fly back home.
- We also have kept two rest and acclimatization days at Namche and Machermo.
Why trek with Highland Expeditions?
At, Highland Expeditions it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and the worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical or emotional.
- All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip and on the trek
- You will be led by experienced and medical trained guide/leader with a high staff ratio.
- Considering the safety of our utmost priority, all our Everest Base Camp trek groups are backed up by Supplementary oxygen system, oximeter and medical kit be it a group of 1 participant or 15 participants.
- On the trek, all meals and accommodation are included too and we provide you with an option of OPEN/CHOICE menu meaning you can choose your meal straight from the menu.
- Our itineraries are also devised keeping every aspect in mind such as acclimatization, good campsites, real-life experiences etc.
- We also provide a sleeping bag, down jacket and waterproof duffel bag to each participant.
- Lastly, Highland Expeditions has been awarded as a trekking company of the year 2018/19 in Nepal by Travel and Hospitality Awards, USA.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||14N/15 Days|
|Trekking Duration||12N/13 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||5,545m/18,193ft at Kalapathar|
Longer treks reaching up to an elevation of 5500m where some of the famous mountaineering Base Camps are located and you need to sleep at an elevation of 5000m for a few days. Physically challenging, involving daily trekking of approximately 6 – 8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Elevation Chart in Meter:
Note: Maximum elevation of each particular day has been put into the graph, the overnight elevation may be lower than as shown in the graph.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|22 Mar, 2020||05 Apr, 2020||USD 3199||Available||Book Now|
|05 Apr, 2020||19 Apr, 2020||USD 3199||Available||Book Now|
|20 Apr, 2020||04 May, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|03 May, 2020||17 May, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|13 Sep, 2020||27 Sep, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|27 Sep, 2020||11 Oct, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|11 Oct, 2020||25 Oct, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|25 Oct, 2020||08 Nov, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|01 Nov, 2020||15 Nov, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
|15 Nov, 2020||29 Nov, 2020||USD 3199||Limited Availability||Book Now|
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 2 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card and Everest National Park )
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- Internal flights (KTM-LUA)
- Dingboche to Kathmandu chartered helicopter service
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and supplementary oxygen system
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose and nominal charge for personal use
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
We embarked on the trip little realising how demanding the logistics can be, the mountains and weather care for no one.
Highland Expeditions with Passang and Mr. Kunga (Our trip guide) made our encounter with the magnificent mountains and lakes an amazing experience. Their care, concern, professionalism and expertise were beyond expectation. Highland Expeditions is a team i trust with my life. In the Himalayas, you need this. Also, very importantly was how well they looked after their staff and porters and how they provided our team of 3 with 4 staff. We saw many group with far far less staffing ratio.
Not an easy trek but the exhilaration of walking with the Himalayas all around us made it all more than worth the while.
Definitely recommended for anyone who wants to walk in a picture postcard setting. It’s cold, It’s tiring, It’s exhausting, you will be pushed to your limits but it was a life changing experience for us.
Thanks to Highland Expeditions for looking after us so well.