Three Peaks Climbing trip offers guided climb to the three most popular trekking peaks in Nepal; Mera Peak, Island Peak and Lobuche Peak with Amphu Laptcha Pass in a single trip.
- Climb Mera, Island and Lobuche Peak
- Everest circuit trek & climb with Amphu Lapcha Pass
- Fully guided climb with 1: 3 sherpa guide to client ratio
- Ultimate climbing holiday to learn mountaineering skills
Mera Peak, Island Peak and Lobuche Peak are the most popular three peaks climbing in Everest region. Highland Expeditions offer special Three Peaks Climbing trip that allows you to ascend Mera Peak, Island Peak and Lobuche Peak in a single itinerary.
An ultimate climbing holiday which includes an ascent of three 6000m peaks and traverse of Amphu Laptcha Pass at 5,700m. The trip provides a real Himalayan climbing experience with an opportunity to brush up your mountaineering skills. We will begin our climb with Mera Peak and conclude with the Lobuche Peak traversing Amphu Lapcha Pass. The Pass links Mera with Chukung valley which is home to scenic Island Peak.
Our Three Peaks climbing journey begins and concludes at Lukla as we cover the full circuit of Mera and Khumbu Valley in 31 days. Initially, we progress towards Mera peak via Poiyan, Pangoma, Surke La and slowly arrive at Mera La taking more time. Our itinerary has been devised keeping plenty of acclimatization before arriving Mera base camp. Our trek to Mera peak base camp involves a culturally stimulating journey through remote picturesque villages and forests, followed by a gentle climb the summit.
From Mera, we head towards Island peak crossing the Amphu Laptcha pass, after the pass we enter in the Everest region. Island Peak is more technical as compared to the Mera peak, with more glaciated terrain to negotiate, ladder crossing over the crevasse and steeper climbing over the ridge as we progress towards the summit.
From Island peak, we connect on the main busy trail of Everest base camp for 2 days as we make our way to our final climb, Lobuche East. Lobuche East is considered the toughest among these 3 peaks. The climb to the summit includes 45-degree steep climb through snowy slopes and the terrain is steep, slippery and has icy rock slabs.
Mera Peak Climb [6,461m/21,193ft]
The highest trekking peak in Nepal, Mera Peak Climbing progresses through non-technical route and thus Mera Peak Climb is for all of the adventure enthusiasts who have a will and determination to make the most out of their adventure in Himalaya. All you will need is a good level of fitness and you are good to go. The climb rewards us with views of Makalu, Cho Oyu, Kanchenjunga and other peaks and mountains. Come and have three-sixty degree views of glistening mountains from one of the most stunning viewpoints in Nepal.
Island Peak Climb [6,189m/20,305ft]
Climbing Island Peak requires technical skills as the route takes us through a scramble of rocks, ridges and glaciers. We need to climb through the steep section to reach the summit that allows views of Lhotse, Amadblam and other surrounding peaks and mountains.
Lobuche East Climb [6,119m/20,075ft]
We will accept the epic challenge of Lobuche at the end of Three peaks climb as Lobuche Climb is going to be the toughest one. We will follow the trail stretching from the south ridge that will take us to the summit. Although challenging, the inexplicably beautiful views of Magical Mountains in Khumbu including world’s highest Everest.
Why climb with us?
At Highland Expeditions we always believe in ‘Safety first and Service paramount’. The success of any climb depends largely on a carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer.
- We are committed to maintaining the climb safe and success with the quality of service.
- Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate.
- You will be guided by highly professional guides who have experience of successfully climbing several national and international peaks.
- At Highland Expeditions, we provide 1:3 guide to client ratio on summit days.
- Each group will be backed with the supplementary oxygen system, comprehensive medical kit and satellite phone.
We are dedicated to providing the highest professionalism throughout the climb by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed.
Is this trip for you?
Three Peaks Climbing is an ultimate climbing holiday which includes an ascent of three 6000m peaks and traverse of Amphu Laptcha Pass at 5,850m. Previous experience of trekking at high altitude and basic mountaineering skills will be beneficial. You also must have a very strong physical stamina level.
This grade trip involves usages of climbing equipment (Harness, Crampons, Mountaineering Boots, Ascender). Previous experience of climbing smaller peaks is essential but we also provide a climbing course at base camp so you can acquire the skills required for the climb on the trip itself.
If you have climbed Mera Peak before then we recommend you our another ultimate climbing holiday Khumbu Three Peaks that also includes an ascent of three peaks (Island Peak, Pokhalde Peak and Lobuche East)
Or, if you want to climb Mera and Island peak only then check our Mera and Island Peak Climb.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. Your leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Fully guided climb with experienced climbing guides on 1:3 ratio (Guide to client ratio)
- Meals and Accommodation at Tea Houses/Lodges during trekking period
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents during climbing period
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All peaks permits with garbage deposits.
- National Park Fees
- KTM-LUKLA-KTM Airfare
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with supplementary oxygen system
- Personal/Group climbing gears
- Porterage of equipment required during trekking and climbing
- Waterproof Duffel bag, Sleeping bag and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association
- Staff summit bonus, insurances and allowances
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses and tips
This was a great introduction for multiple days of climbing at high altitude. I joined Highland Expeditions for Three Peaks Climbing (Mera Peak, Island Peak and Lobuche Peak). We started with Mera Peak, crossed Amphu Lapcha pass before hitting Island peak and finally concluded with Lobuche East. I choose Highland Expeditions based on the itinerary of their climb and the details they provided me after our first exchange of emails. The approach/itinerary was well-tailored with more days for trek and acclimatization, safety was always a priority as our group was backed up with oxygen system, medical kit and a sat phone, everything on trip was included and taken care of. The guides were amazing, young, talented, caring, responsible, and knowledgeable which made it an unforgettable experience
All these certainly made a big contribution to my summiting and I imagine this was true of others also. April 2019 Climber