Join us on our Mountaineering course in the Rolwaling region of Nepal for extensive training on general mountaineering skills led by IFMGA guide
- Learn mountaineering skills from an expert guide
- Theoretical and Practical Training Courses
- Trek to Rolwaling Valley and climb Yalung Ri Peak
- Extensive mountaineering course for 24 days
The mountaineering course in Nepal is designed for people looking to learn or sharpen their mountaineering skills.
Whether you are looking to climb big mountains in the future or looking to learn new skills, our mountaineering course in Nepal is designed to help equip you with the fundamental principles of mountaineering and ensure safe climbing practices, fostering self-reliance in the mountains.
Join us for a 21-day mountaineering course in the Rolwaling region of Nepal every year from November onwards, where our expert guides will provide you with extensive training on mountaineering skills and Himalayan climbing techniques.
Our mountaineering course in Nepal and its training syllabus are meticulously designed by expert guides (UIAGM/IFMGA Certified Guides), and they will be your instructors as well for this course. The course is aimed to provide you with the essential skills required when climbing in the Himalayas and elsewhere in the world. Once you have completed the course, you will establish a solid foundation of knowledge upon which you will build your future endeavours. You will get to apply all your training on this course at the end as we climb Yalung Ri Peak situated at 5600m.
This course is fully guided and supported with 1 UIAGM/IFMGA Guide as your lead instructor, and there will be assistant climbing guides on a ratio of three to one, guaranteeing full support as you acquire or refresh your skills.
Our Mountaineering course in Nepal will take place in two different places, Kathmandu and the Rolwaling Region. After you arrive in Kathmandu, there will be 3 full days of the course which will include orientation, gear check with familiarization and demonstration, rope works, and a basic high altitude sickness course.
After Kathmandu, we head east and trek into the Rolwaling region. Along the trek, there will be some basic courses every evening as well. Two rest and acclimatization days have been kept at Beding and Naa to ensure we adapt well to the increasing altitude.
Your main course will start from Naa onwards, where nature becomes our ultimate classroom. The Rolwaling region serves as a fantastic training playground as there are multiple learning possibilities on different terrain.
From Naa, we head up to the base camp of Yalung Ri, where we will stay five nights doing extensive training. Close to the Yalung Ri base camp, we have access to glaciers and ice where we will conduct our training.
Glacial activities with safe navigation, Cramponing techniques, ascending/descending with the use of devices, walking techniques wearing big boots, self-arrest, and rope works will be taught during these 5 days at the Yalung Ri base camp.
Note: Depending on the condition of the mountain, your guides can modify courses.
After 5 days of extensive training at the Yalung Ri base camp area, we will apply all that we have learned on a peak ascent program. We will climb Yalung Ri Peak 5630m at the end, and you will be using all that you have learned in this course. Your guides will climb hand in hand with you so that they provide additional support if and when required.
Whether you aspire to master the art of mountaineering or wish to enhance your existing skills, this Mountaineering course in Nepal provides the perfect opportunity.
Mountaineering Course Topics:
- Introduction to Himalayan climbing.
- Climbing equipment familiarization with a demonstration
- Layering and proper usage of gears and equipment
- Climbing knots, Rope coiling and simple ropeworks
- High altitude sickness prevention and treatment
- Indoor wall climbing
- Backpacking and use of poles
- Glacier Walk
- Cramponing Techniques
- Man Roping / Rope Up Technique
- Progression on rock, snow and ice
- Ascending/Descending with devices
- Mixed terrain climbing
- Peak Ascent of 5630m
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Extensive training in Kathmandu and Rolwaling Region
- Training materials (Rope, Anchor, Technical Devices)
- Expert UIAGM/IFMGA Instructor for the course
- Assistant guide with 1:2 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew (Porters and Kitchen Team)
- Yalung Ri Peak Climbing
- All meals (B, L, D) during the trek with boiled water for drinking purposes
- Twin-sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 6 nights with breakfast
- Twin-sharing accommodation during the trek on a tent
- All camping logistical arrangements for your comfort (Dining Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent etc)
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for the trek
- International and domestic airport transfers as per flight time
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high-altitude medicine
- Supplementary oxygen system and Thuraya satellite phone for emergency purposes
- Waterproof Duffel bag and use of the sleeping bag and down Jacket
- Staff wages, equipment, insurance and allowances
- Completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at a typical Nepalese restaurant
- International airfare
- Nepal Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on a trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses and tips
- Personal climbing gear and equipment