- Breathtaking views of Mountains and emerald lakes
- Two major viewpoints [Kalapathar and Gokyo Ri]
- Everest Base Camp and Cho La pass
- Sherpa villages, beautiful landscapes and spiritual ambience
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek is a 3 weeks venture that takes you through the outstanding Gokyo Valley adds more zing to the renowned Everest Base Camp trip as we traverse the high altitude Cho La pass at an elevation of 5420m where the landscapes open up windows to a whole chain of mountains that leaves us hypnotized.
From the base of the earth to the highest peak in the world, it’s the mid-hills geography of the Khumbu Himalayas where this journey goes the limits as a challenge to the backpacker who wants to go the mile where real adventure challenges the emotions when ‘Trekking Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes’; this is a trip that’s worth the go for a thrilling holiday well operated where we soon learn it’s not the destination but the excitement of the mission that means much…
Our Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek begins from the lower hills & head up by the banks of the Dudh Kosi River on our way to the bustling town of Namche and the Sagarmatha National Park, one of the highest in the world. Our real journey starts with some gentle hiking at the foothills of the Khumbu and the momentum picks up as we climb up to the tougher trails to the base of Mt. Everest by going around the Chola pass at an elevation of 5420m. We also hike to the summit of both Gokyo Ri at [5340m] and Kala Pathar at [5545m] for majestic views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and Cho Oyu. While visiting the renowned Everest Base Camp, it’s a breathtaking experience to view the awesome Khumbu icefall that makes our hearts flutter.
You don’t have to be a skilled climber but Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek requires some level of fitness to enjoy the trails. Because of the snowy conditions over Cho La Pass, it wouldn’t be good to do this trek during winter [January and February] and in the monsoon season [July and August]. Early spring and autumn would be the best times to do this trip. If you are looking to do this trip and yet want to shorten the trip duration check our Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Heli Trek.
How difficult is Everest base camp Gokyo lakes trek?
Longer treks reaching up to an elevation of 5500m where some of the famous mountaineering Base Camps are located and you need to sleep at an elevation of 5000m for a few days. Physically challenging, involving daily trekking of approximately 6 – 8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (National Park & TIMS Card)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUKLA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Half day sightseeing of Kathmandu's highlights including guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and oxygen
- Satellite phone for emergency and nominal charge for personal use.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
From my first email with Passang to meeting him and his father in Kathmandu I’ve been nothing but impressed with the friendly yet professional manner he operates his business.
I can’t give any more praise than to say I’ve already looked at future trips with Highland Expeditions.