- Breathtaking views of Mountains and emerald lakes
- Two major viewpoints [Kalapathar and Gokyo Ri]
- Everest Base Camp and Cho La pass
- Sherpa villages, beautiful landscapes and spiritual ambience
About Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek is a 3 weeks venture that takes you through the outstanding Gokyo Valley adds more zing to the renowned Everest Base Camp trip as we traverse the high altitude Cho La pass at an elevation of 5420m where the landscapes open up windows to a whole chain of mountains that leaves us hypnotized.
From the base of the earth, to the highest peak in the world, it’s the mid-hills geography of the Khumbu Himalayas where this journey goes the limits as a challenge to the backpacker who wants to go the mile where real adventure challenges the emotions when ‘Trekking Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes’; this is a trip that’s worth the go for a thrilling holiday well operated where we soon learn it’s not the destination but the excitement of the mission that means much…
Our Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek begins from the lower hills & head up by the banks of the Dudh Kosi River on our way to the hustling town of Namche and the Sagarmatha National Park, one of the highest in the world. Our real journey starts with some gentle hiking at the foothills of the Khumbu and the momentum picks up as we climb up to the tougher trails to the base of Mt. Everest by going around the Chola pass at an elevation of 5420m. We also hike to the summit of both Gokyo Ri at [5340m] and Kala Pathar at [5545m] for majestic views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and Cho Oyu. While visiting the renowned Everest Base Camp, it’s a breathtaking experience to view the awesome Khumbu icefall that makes our hearts flutter.
You don’t have to be a skilled climber but Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek requires some level of fitness to enjoy the trails. Because of the snowy conditions over Cho La Pass, it wouldn’t be good to do this trek during winter [January and February] and in the monsoon season [July and August]. Early spring and autumn would be the best times to do this trip. If you are looking to do this trip and yet want to shorten the trip duration check our Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Heli Trek.
How difficult is Everest base camp and Gokyo lakes trek?
|Total Duration||19N/20 Days|
|Trekking Duration||15N/16 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||5,545m/18,193ft at Kalapathar|
Longer treks reaching up to an elevation of 5500m where some of the famous mountaineering Base Camps are located and you need to sleep at an elevation of 5000m for a few days. Physically challenging, involving daily trekking of approximately 6 – 8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Please Note: We will go the lengths to follow the itinerary given above, at times local trails or unpredictable weather patterns may necessitate slight changes if necessary. The trekking itinerary may also sometimes vary slightly depending on our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This adventure goes into wild territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the success and safety of your trip and your life.
Note: Maximum elevation of each particular day has been put into the graph, the overnight elevation may be lower than as shown in the graph.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|15 Mar, 2020||03 Apr, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|29 Mar, 2020||17 Apr, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|11 Apr, 2020||30 Apr, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|19 Apr, 2020||08 May, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|03 May, 2020||22 May, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|20 Sep, 2020||09 Oct, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|04 Oct, 2020||23 Oct, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|18 Oct, 2020||06 Nov, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|01 Nov, 2020||20 Nov, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
|14 Nov, 2020||03 Dec, 2020||USD 1830||Available||Book Now|
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (National Park & TIMS Card)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUKLA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Half day sightseeing of Kathmandu's highlights including guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and oxygen
- Satellite phone for emergency and nominal charge for personal use.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
From my first email with Passang to meeting him and his father in Kathmandu I’ve been nothing but impressed with the friendly yet professional manner he operates his business.
I can’t give any more praise than to say I’ve already looked at future trips with Highland Expeditions.