A classic Himalayan trekking that ventures through the less trodden route of Rolwaling valley via Tashi Lapcha Pass into the Everest region.
- One of the finest off-the-beaten-path trek
- Fully guided trek with sherpa and porters support
- Monasteries, lakes, high passes and rich culture
- Cross Tashi Laptcha pass into the Everest region
Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek is a classic Himalayan trekking that ventures through the less-trodden route of Rolwaling into the famous Everest region via Tashi Lapcha Pass.
Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek is one such trek that still holds the classic experience of Himalayan trekking. Our 17 days Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek has been tailored to keep every important aspect in mind and to ensure that you have the most amazing experience in one of the most remote parts of the Himalayas.
Rolwaling is perhaps the least visited part of the Himalayan region and this is what makes this place truly amazing. Rolwaling valley is rich in terms of cultural and natural beauty. The valley has a majority of Sherpa people living and has a very rich culture and tradition. There are several 6000m and 7000m peaks in Rolwaling valley and Rolwaling is also home to the famous Tso Rolpa and Omi Tso Lakes.
Our Trek begins from the Rolwaling region as we trek to Beding and Naa following the Tamakoshi River. We stay 2 nights at Beding and Naa villages for acclimatization and exploration before moving further.
After a week of trekking allowing proper acclimatization, we arrive at Naa Gaon where we will spend two nights. Naa Goan is the last settlement of the Rolwaling region. we cross over the Tashi Lapcha Pass (5,755m/18,882ft) which links the Rolwaling region with the Khumbu region in 3 days from Naa Village. After crossing the Pass, we arrive at Thame and then continue to Namche Bazar the next day. Namche Bazar is the biggest settlement in the Everest region and is also known as the Sherpa capital. From Namche, we trek down to Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu.
In earlier days there were no teahouses/lodges in the Rolwaling region but now the locals have built teahouses/lodges in almost every place except for the 3 nights on this trek which is at the Tashi Lapcha Pass Area. Our choice of accommodation on this trek will be a mix of both teahouse/lodge and camping. For the 3 nights on the pass, it will be a fully camping trek.
What Makes Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek different?
This trip ventures through a less-trodden route and is a classic Himalayan holiday. Unlike the other trekking areas in Nepal which have become more commercialised, the Rolwaling region is a hidden gem and is less visited by tourists. Experience trekking in complete solitude, tread the off-the-beaten-path and traverse Tashi Lapcha Pass, one of the highest high mountain passes in Nepal. Visit Beding, Naa and Tso Rolpa Lake in the Rolwaling region.
Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek is the finest off-the-beaten trek in Nepal
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health conditions of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Twin-sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All meals (B, L, D) during the trek with boiled water for drinking purposes
- Twin-sharing accommodation during the trek at teahouse/lodges
- Experienced local guide with 1:3 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- All camping logistical arrangements for your comfort for the Tashi Laptcha Pass
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for the trek
- Internal airfare (Lukla-Kathmandu)
- International and domestic airport transfers as per flight time
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high-altitude medicine
- Supplementary oxygen system and Thuraya satellite phone for emergency purposes
- Waterproof Duffel bag and use of the sleeping bag and down Jacket
- Staff wages, equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at a typical Nepalese restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses and tips
Highland Expeditions were excellent. We had a month-long trip through the remote Rolwaling valley and from the porters to the Sherpas they were excellent. Highest quality food, advice and service throughout. I doubt we could have found a better company in Nepal and would not hesitate to use them again.
We did a 3-week epic, challenging and at times, extreme, trek along the Rolwalling Valley, climbing Yolang Ri and crossing the Tashi Laptcha Pass. Highland Exp looked after us incredibly well providing for all our needs. We had an amazing team from every experienced guide, to the kitchen team and porters all of whom were both delightful and hard-working. We highly recommend Highland Expeditions for their professionalism, friendliness and ability to lead safely and knowledgeably over some challenging parts of Nepal.