Trek to Everest Base Camp & Kalapathar following a well-paced itinerary with proper rest and acclimatization and walk the less trodden route via Khumjung and Phortse.
- Journey to the base camp of the world's highest mountain and Kalapathar
- Tread the less trodden route to Everest base camp
- Lively villages of legendary Sherpas
- 17 days of pure adventure with a full support crew
Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek is the most popular trek in the whole 2,400km stretch of the Himalayas in Nepal offering spectacular sceneries, real Himalayan experiences along with the extraordinary culture of the Sherpa community, all the while trekking the foothills of Mt. Everest.
Experience the grandeur of Mount Everest [8,848m/29,029ft] from up close along with the views of many other snow-capped mountains on our all-inclusive Everest Base Camp Trek. The journey to Everest Base Camp got its limelight when Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa climbed Everest for the first time in 1953 and ever since this has been the preferred choice for beginner climbers.
The trail goes over [5,000m/16,400ft] for the last few days before reaching Everest Base Camp but the trek isn’t as strenuous as imagined and does not require prior trekking experience while promising a fulfilling journey. Adding to the fun-filled Everest base camp trekking tour, the panoramic views of the Himalayas, monasteries, culture and the mountain flight to Lukla are a few of the highlights of this trip.
Our Everest base camp trek itinerary has been devised carefully keeping more acclimatization, visiting less trodden routes and exploring hidden valleys. Instead of following the standard route from Namche to Dingboche, we detour from Namche Bazar for 3 days and explore the side villages such as Khumjung and Phortse. This side tour also minimises the rapid ascent from Namche Bazar [3450m/11319ft] to Dingboche [4412m/14475ft] and provides a better-acclimatized walk.
Your journey to Everest base camp gets into gear at the ancient valley of Kathmandu. After a night at Kathmandu, we embark on a fantastic mountain flight to Lukla airport built with the help of the famous mountaineer we all know as the late Sir Edmund Hillary, for whose namesake this famous trail of the Everest Base Camp was born. On touchdown at Lukla airport, we meet our senior guide and the other crew members, sort out our equipment and sooner than later, we hit these famous trails to the foothills of the king of all peaks – Mt. Everest.
We begin our hike slow & easy by the banks of the clean waters of the Dudh Kosi River, into the soul of Sherpa country onto the thespian high alpine scenery beyond the horizons. We get off the primary trails sometimes and stroll into friendly villages, including the hustling bazaar of Namche. The village towns of Khumbu, Namche Bazaar and Dingboche are ideal spots to get well acclimatized; before we make a beeline on routes used by famous mountaineers to reach Everest Base Camp. Apart from visiting Khumjung and Phortse, we will spend 2 nights at Namche Bazar [3,450m/11,319ft] and another 2 nights at Dingboche [4,412m/14,475ft] for proper acclimatization and allow our body to adapt to the high altitude.
This trip is not only about Everest Base Camp; we also get the chance to climb Kala Pattar at (5545m) for fantastic views of Mount Everest. Highland Expeditions is proud to offer what we are really sure is the best trek available to Base Camp…in the sublime Khumbu region of Nepal.
All-Inclusive Everest Base Camp Trek
Our Everest base camp trek is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will only need cash for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu. Accommodation in Kathmandu and during the trek, three meals per day on the trek valued at USD 450, Use of (Down jacket, sleeping bag and waterproof duffel bag), all required permits for the trek, guides, support staff, internal airfares, transfers to and from Kathmandu and etc are all included.
Check out our Everest Base Camp Trek Guide and Information
Why trek with Highland Expeditions?
At, Highland Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey to Everest base camp with Highland Expeditions special:
- All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip
- On the trek, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide/leader with a high staff ratio.
- Considering the safety of our utmost priority, all our Everest Base Camp trek groups are backed up by a Supplementary oxygen system, oximeter and medical kit be it a group of 1 participant or 15 participants.
- An all-inclusive trip to Everest Base Camp. During the trek, all meals and accommodation are included and we provide you with an option of an OPEN/CHOICE menu meaning you can choose your meal straight from the menu.
- Our itineraries are also devised keeping every aspect in mind such as acclimatization, good campsites, real-life experiences etc.
- We also provide a sleeping bag, down jacket and waterproof duffel bag to each participant. Lastly, Highland Expeditions has been awarded as a trekking company of the year 2018/19 in Nepal by Travel and Hospitality Awards, USA.
Is this trek for you?
Everest Base Camp Trek is a 17 days trek reaching up to a maximum elevation of [5,545m/18,193ft] at Kalapathar and [5,364m/17,559ft] at Everest base camp while the maximum elevation for overnight is [5,140m/16,864ft] at Gorekshep for one night. Your trek will start from Lukla [2,800m/9187ft] and you reach an elevation of [5000m/16,400ft] in eight days including two rest and acclimatization days at Namche Bazaar and Dingboche. Physically challenging due to the higher elevation, involves daily trekking of approximately 6–8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and be adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Need to customize the itinerary?
We would be glad to customize the itinerary if it doesn’t meet your preferences or requirements. Kindly get in touch with us and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: Itinerary customization is only available for private trips.
Short in time and yet want to trek to Everest Base Camp? Check out other Everest Treks such as Everest Base Camp Trek 14 Days or Everest Base Camp Heli Trek 13 Days. We also have a special Everest base camp trek departing in April and May every year which allows trekkers to sleep at Everest base camp.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) included during the trek with tea & coffee.
- Hot boiled water for drinking purposes
- Twin-sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Twin-sharing accommodation at teahouses/lodge on the trek
- All required permits for the trek
- Domestic flights to and from Lukla with airport taxes and 15 kgs baggage allowance
- Experienced local trek leader
- Full support crew (1 assistant guide for every 3 trekkers & 1 porter for every 2 trekkers)
- Half-day sightseeing of Kathmandu's highlights including guide and entrance fees
- International/Domestic airport transfers as per your flight time
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high-altitude medicines
- Supplementary oxygen system with mask and regulator for emergency purposes on the trek
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of the trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome or farewell dinner at Kathmandu
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
We did the Everest base camp trek 16 days on mid-Nov 2019. We signed up with Highland Expeditions for our trekking trip amongst many local and international adventure outfitter.
Their trek itinerary was well planned, it was an all-inclusive trip, safety backup such as oxygen tank and oximeter were provided, high staff ratio to look after us on the trek and et cetera which all made us choose Highland Expeditions. On the trek, they handled everything very professionally. The team guided us safely and made sure we were well looked after. It was definitely a trip of a lifetime. Thank you Highland Expeditions for such an amazing trip.
Reminiscing the memories from our trek during this quarantine period and missing the Himalayas.
This was my first time in Nepal and what a fantastic introduction. From being picked up at the airport to being dropped off at the end, everything was very well organized. The team at Highland Expeditions took great care of us throughout the 17 days trek to the Everest base camp. The trip was amazing and I think the best advice I could give is to go with the flow