- Journey to the base camp of world's highest mountain and Kalapathar
- Tread on path of Sir Edumnd Hillary and Tenzing Norgay
- Lively villages of legendary Sherpas
- 17 days of pure adventure with full support crew
Everest Base Camp Trek Overview
The most popular trek in Nepal in the whole 2,400km stretch of the Himalayas, Everest Base Camp Trek offers spectacular sceneries, real Himalayan experiences along with the extraordinary culture of the Sherpa community, all the while trekking the foothills of the Mt. Everest [8,848m/29,029ft]. The trail goes over [5,000m/16,400ft] for last few days before reaching Everest Base Camp but the trek isn’t as strenuous as imagined and does not require prior trekking experience while promising a fulfilling journey. Adding to the fun-filled trek, the panoramic views of the Himalayas, monasteries, culture and the mountain flight to Lukla are few of the highlights of this trip. Experience the grandeur of Mount Everest [8,848m/29,029ft] from up-close along with the views of many other snow-capped mountains on our all-inclusive Everest Base Camp Trek. The journey to Everest Base Camp got its limelight when Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa climbed Everest for the first time in 1953 and ever since this has been the preferred choice for beginner climbers.
Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Your journey to Everest base camp gets into gear with a warm-up tour of the ancient valley of Kathmandu before we embark on a fantastic mountain flight to the legendary airport built with the help of the famous mountaineer we all know as the late Sir Edmund Hillary, for whose namesake this famous trail of the Everest Base Camp was born. On touchdown at Lukla airport, we meet our senior guide and the other crew members, sort out our equipment and sooner than later, we hit these famous trails to the foothills of the king of all peaks – Mt. Everest. We begin our hike slow & easy by the banks of the clean waters of the Dudh Kosi River, into the soul of Sherpa country on to the thespian high alpine scenery beyond the horizons. We get off the primary trails sometimes and stroll into friendly villages, including the hustling bazaar of Namche. The village towns of the Khumbu, Namche Bazaar and Dingboche are an ideal spot to get well acclimatized; before we make a beeline on routes used by famous mountaineers to reach Everest Base Camp. We will spend 2 nights at Namche Bazar [3,450m/11,319ft] and another 2 nights at Dingboche [4,412m/14,475ft] for proper acclimatization and to allow our body to adapt with the high altitude.
This trip is not only about Everest Base Camp; we also get the chance to climb Kala Pattar at (5545m) for fantastic views of Mount Everest. Highland Expeditions is proud to offer what we are really sure is the best trek available to Base Camp…in the sublime Khumbu region of Nepal.
Why trek with Highland Expeditions?
At, Highland Expeditions it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and the worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey to Everest base camp different with Highland Expeditions:
- All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip
- On the trek, you will be led by experienced and medical trained guide/leader with a high staff ratio.
- Considering the safety of our utmost priority, all our Everest Base Camp trek groups are backed up by Supplementary oxygen system, oximeter and medical kit be it a group of 1 participant or 15 participants.
- An all-inclusive trip to Everest Base Camp, on a trek, all meals and accommodation are included and we provide you with an option of OPEN/CHOICE menu meaning you can choose your meal straight from the menu.
- Our itineraries are also devised keeping every aspect in mind such as acclimatization, good campsites, real-life experiences etc.
- We also provide a sleeping bag, down jacket and waterproof duffel bag to each participant. Lastly, Highland Expeditions has been awarded as a trekking company of the year 2018/19 in Nepal by Travel and Hospitality Awards, USA.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||16N/17 Days|
|Trekking Duration||12N/13 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||5,545m/18,193ft at Kalapathar|
Everest Base Camp is a 17 days trek reaching up to a maximum elevation of [5,545m/18,193ft] at Kalapathar and [5,364m/17,559ft] at Everest base camp while the maximum elevation for overnight is [5,140m/16,864ft] at Gorekshep for one night. Your trek will start from Lukla [2,800m/9187ft] and you reach an elevation of [5000m/16,400ft] in eight days including two rest and acclimatization days at Namche and Dingboche. Physically challenging due to the higher elevation, involves daily trekking of approximately 6–8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Elevation Chart in Meter:
Note: Maximum elevation of each particular day has been put into the graph, the overnight elevation may be lower than as shown in the graph.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|08 Sep, 2019||24 Sep, 2019||USD 1700||Available||Book Now|
|22 Sep, 2019||08 Oct, 2019||USD 1700||Available||Book Now|
|06 Oct, 2019||22 Oct, 2019||USD 1700||Available||Book Now|
|20 Oct, 2019||05 Nov, 2019||USD 1700||Available||Book Now|
|03 Nov, 2019||19 Nov, 2019||USD 1700||Available||Book Now|
|17 Nov, 2019||03 Dec, 2019||USD 1700||Available||Book Now|
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodge on trek
- All required permits for trek (National Park & TIMS Card)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUKLA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Half day sightseeing of Kathmandu's highlights including guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines and oxygen
- Satellite phone for emergency and nominal charge for personal use.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
I was very happy that I booked with Highland Expeditions, they went above and beyond in assisting me, especially Passang. I heard so many bad stories about other companies from fellow trekkers along the way but Highland Expeditions were great.
Thanks Guys, I made it, EBC & Mt. Kalapathar
My first time in Nepal and it was surely one of the best trip of my life and all this was possible only due to the expertise and great team of Highland Expeditions Nepal. Thank you for your great hospitality and this is only the start of great adventures ahead.