Climb one of the least climbed 6000m peaks in the Rolwaling/Everest region of Nepal
- Least crowded peak
- Rolwaling and Khumbu Valley
- Attractive snow peak lying south of Tashi Laptcha Pass
- Ample days for acclimatization
Pharchamo Climb Overview
Pharchamo Peak (6,187m) exists to the south of Tashi Lapcha Pass which links the Rolwaling region to the Everest Region. Rolwaling region has stayed far from modernism where time has stood still in the ancient period. Pharchamo Peak was climbed for the first time in 1955 by following the northwest ridge. Our climbing route progresses to the northeast of the icefall from Tashi Lapcha Pass and the Base Camp of Pharchamo is at Tashiphuk.
This is one of the least crowded peaks to climb in Nepal. Climbing Pharchamo is a rewarding experience that offers breathtaking scenes of Gaurishankar, Melungtse and several other peaks. The well-defined ridge stretches above Drolambu Glacier to the summit. Traversing Tashi Lapcha Pass, visit to Tsho Rolpa Lake, exploring remote Rolwaling Valley and observing the diverse flora and fauna and rich cultural diversity of Rolwaling Valley and Khumbu Valley are highlights of Pharchamo Peak Climb.
Our trip will begin following a classic trek through the Rolwaling Valley. We will spend a week in the Rolwaling region trekking and acclimatizing before heading up the pass, Tashi Laptcha that connects Rolwaling to the Everest region. The pass is considered challenging due to its high-altitude terrain and never-ending glacier. We will stay three nights above Naa at Tashi Laptcha pass section and finally get to the base camp of Pharchamo Peak.
From base camp, the next early morning we will follow the classic route from the northwest ridge and pass through the crevassed glacier and seracs to the summit. It takes about 4 hrs on average to reach the summit from base camp. The top of Phachermo allows 360-degree views of Gaurishankar, Everest, Makalu and other mountains.
Afterwards, we retrace down to base camp, have lunch and continue onwards to Ngole. The next day we trek to Thame from where the Everest three high passes trek starts. Our journey will soon come to an end as we trek down to Lukla via Namche and Phakding from where we fly out to Kathmandu.
At Highland Expeditions we always believe in ‘Safety first and Service paramount’. The success of any climb depends largely on a carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer. We are committed to maintaining the climb safe and successful with quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other.
You will be guided by highly professional guides who have experience successfully climbing several national and international peaks. At Highland Expeditions, we provide a 1:3 guide-to-client ratio on summit days.
We are dedicated to providing the highest professionalism throughout the climb by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed.
Is this trip for you?
|6,187m/20,299ft at Pharchamo
This grade trip involves the usage of climbing equipment (Harness, Crampons, Mountaineering Boots, Ascender). Previous experience is essential and we also provide a climbing course at base camp before the actual climb where your guides will teach you the proper way to use the equipment. However previous experience of trekking/climbing at 5000m+ elevation will be beneficial.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health conditions of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Fully guided climb with experienced climbing guides on a 1:3 ratio (Guide to client ratio)
- Full support crew to assist the group depending on group sizes
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents for accommodation during the climbing period
- Meals and Accommodation at Tea Houses/Lodges during the trekking period
- Twin-sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Pharchamo peak climbing permit with garbage deposit.
- National Park Fees
- LUKLA-KTM Airfare
- All ground transfers and escorts as mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with a supplementary oxygen system
- Group climbing and rope fixing gears required for the climb
- Porterage of equipment required during trekking and climbing
- Waterproof Duffel bag, Sleeping bag and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of the trek)
- Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association
- Staff summit bonus, insurance and allowances
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Personal climbing gears
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses and tips
An extremely competent team with years of experience and a proven track record that delivered an amazing and unforgettable trip. All backed up with highly efficient administration.