- Least crowded peak
- Rolwaling and Khumbu Valley
- Attractive snow peak lying south of Tashi Laptcha Pass
- Ample days for acclimatization
Pharchamo Climb Overview
Pharchamo Peak (6,187m) exists to the south of Tashi Lapcha Pass which links Rolwaling region to Everest Region. Rolwaling region has stayed far from modernism where time has stood still in ancient period. Pharchamo Peak was climbed for the first time in 1955 by following northwest ridge. Our climbing route progresses to the north-east of the icefall from Tashi Lapcha Pass and Base Camp of Pharchamo is at Tashiphuk.
This is one of the least crowded peaks to climb in Nepal. Climbing Pharchamo is the rewarding experience that offers breathtaking scenes of Gaurishankar, Melungtse and several other peaks. The well defined ridge stretches above Drolambu glacier to the summit. Traversing Tashi Lapcha Pass, visit to Tsho Rolpa Lake, exploring remote Rolwaling Valley and observing the diverse flora and fauna and rich cultural diversity of Rolwaling Valley and Khumbu Valley are highlights of Pharchamo Peak Climb.
We will follow the classic route from northwest ridge and pass through crevassed glacier and seracs to the summit. It takes about 4 hrs to reach to the summit. The top of Phachermo allows 360 degree views of Gaurishankar, Everest, Makalu and other mountains.
Why climb with us?
At Highland Expeditions we always believe in ‘Safety first and Service paramount’. The success of any climb depends largely on carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer. We are committed in maintaining the climb safe and success with quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other. You will be guided by highly professional guides who have experience of successfully climbing several national and international peaks. At Highland Expeditions, we provide 1:3 guide to client ratio on summit days.
We are dedicated for providing highest professionalism throughout the climb by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed.
Is this trip for you?
|Total Duration||19N/20 Days|
|Trekking Duration||14N/15 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||6,187m/20,299ft at Pharchamo|
This grade trip involves usages of climbing equipment (Harness, Crampons, Mountaineering Boots, Ascender). Previous experience is essential and we also provide a climbing course at base camp before the actual climb where your guides will teach you the proper way to use the equipment. However previous experience of trekking/climbing at 5000m+ elevation will be beneficial.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- Fully guided climb with experienced climbing guides on 1:3 ratio (Guide to client ratio)
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents for accommodation in Rolwaling region and climbing period
- Meals and Accommodation at Tea Houses/Lodges after Thame
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Pharchamo peak permit with garbage deposit.
- National Park Fees
- LUKLA-KTM Airfare
- All ground transfers and escorts as mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with supplementary oxygen system
- Personal/Group climbing gears
- Porterage of equipment required during trekking and climbing
- Waterproof Duffel bag, Sleeping bag and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association
- Staff summit bonus, insurances and allowances
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Personal climbing gears
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses and tips