- A hidden gem situated just east of Annapurna Base Camp
- Off the beaten trail in Annapurna Region
- Spectacular close up view of Fishtail and other mountain ranges
- Recently opened trekking trail to Mardi Himal Base Camp
Mardi Himal Trek Overview
Exploring the southern skirts of the Annapurna Himalayas, the Mardi Himal Trek makes way through the isolated trails to the foothills of Mardi Himal (5553m). Offering views of the Annapurna ranges such as Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhre (6997m), and Lamjung Himal (6983m), the trek takes place in trails without traces of human settlements. This makes it best-suited for individuals who wish to explore in solitude. Mardi Himal Trek gracefully navigates through the revered Annapurna Conservation Area to offer graceful trekking experiences.
Your journey to Mardi Himal Trek formally commences as you land at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. A drive to Pokhara takes you closer to the trails. The drive is filled with bountiful sceneries of hillsides and gorgeous landscapes. After a short drive to Kande, the trek takes off and heads to Deurali. Immediately into the company of lush forests, the trek follows the Modi River and heads to Rest Camp. As the trails are away from the human settlements, you will be completely enveloped by the magnificence of the Annapurna Conservation Area. A trek through waterfalls, streams, and enchanting woodlands follows a brief rest at Rest Camp. With the Himalayas peeking above the emerald hills, the journey takes you to the High Camp. The views of Annapurna south (7219m), Machhapuchhre (6997m), and Hiunchuli (6441m) cordially welcome you to the resting point. A trek to the Upper View Point is on the schedule as an ascent along the scenic trail pave the way towards the glorious vantage point. The panorama of Himalayas from Mardi Himal (5553m) to Machhapuchhre (6997m), and Annapurna I (8091m) allows you to relish the Himalayan majesty. Later, you retrace your steps back to the High Camp and settle for the day. A draining descent awaits as you take on a different route and head to Siding Village. Rejoicing the Gurung culture, you descend to Lumre and drive to Pokhara.
Highland Expeditions is the leading face of the tourism industry in Nepal with its array of trips and services to travelers. We ensure that our clients have access to safety, security, and comfort on the journey in Nepal. With experienced guides and professional experts at the helm of the company, we assure you of a memorable journey.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||11N/12 Days|
|Trekking Duration||06N/07 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||4,500m/14,760ft at Base Camp|
Duration for treks of this grade stretches up to two (2) weeks. Trails generally go above 4000 meters and on a daily basis, you can expect to be walking for about 5 – 7 hours. Perfect setting of introduction to moderate & challenging trekking in Nepal. Activity level/physical rating is slightly harder than leisure and involves occasional difficult days. Expect ups and downs as well for there will be hills to climb as well and the well-known ‘Nepali flat’ – a little bit up and a little bit down.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion or similar category for 2 nights
- Internal flight (PKR-KTM)
- All required permits for trek (ACAP & TIMS card)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private A/C vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private A/C vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at Typical Nepalese Restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
I have little experience on trekking and this was my first trail and was a tough one. Without the support and help from the trek leader and the porter, i would not have made it to the high camp. Thank you Phunuru and John for the great support during the hiking
The trip was well organized, although ABC was closed, they were able to quickly recommend Alternative route, Mardi Himal Trek.
The city tour especially Shivaratri festival was very crowded but the guide was able to bring us through the queue and to the right spot. The guide was able to adapt to our requirement as we are mainly photographer. Lastly, the porter (john) was a hero, big salute to him