- Sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley
- Opened to foreigners only since 1992
- Shangrila land of Nepal in the lap of mountain
- Region less exposed in compared to other areas
Tsum Valley Trek is an off-beaten trekking experience in the base of Manaslu Mountain. Tread through the hidden Tsum Valley and explore its remote villages. Located to the north of Gorkha, Tsum Valley Trekking route takes us through Budhi Gandaki River and colorful rhododendron forest to hot springs in Tatopani. We will enter the inner core of Tsum Valley from Chhokangparo and our journey continues through scenic path lined with chortens and Mani walls.
This Shangrila land of Nepal nestles peacefully in the lap of Buddha Mountain, Himal Chuli Mountain, Ganesh Mountain and Sringi Mountain. Manaslu means the spirit Mountain and this mountain is the spirit deity of the Tsumbas (locals). Animal sacrifice is strictly prohibited in Tsum Valley.
Once restricted, trekking in Tsum Valley was opened for foreigners only since 1992 and is still under the controlled area. According to the locals, settlements were established by Guru Rinpoche in sacred beyuls or valleys of Himalayas including Tsum during 8th century. These settlements provided much needed refuge to Tibetans who flee during time of war to avoid famine and draught. Tsum is one of the best preserved valleys so far and Polyandry is still prevalent in villages of Tsum Valley. This is a moderately strenuous trek that progresses through route at low altitude reaching maximum height at Rachen Gompa (3240m). Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are best season for Tsum Valley Trek.
– Equipment (Down Jacket, Sleeping bag wt liner, Duffel bag) worth of USD 300 provided for trekking
– Comprehensive first aid kit with oxygen backup for all high altitude treks
– Satellite phone for emergency purpose
– Fully guided trek with an expert leader and team of dedicated staff
– Medical trained staff with English language proficiency
– All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation included on trek
– Reasonable price with no hidden cost
– High staff to client ratio on all trips
– Higher success ratio
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.