- World’s deepest gorge - Kali Gandaki
- Ancient trading route to Tibet
- Gateway to hidden Mustang region
- Poonhill – A famous hill station & Muktinath
Annapurna Jomsom Trek is one of the classic adventure treks that allows ample opportunity to witness opulence of culture and wilderness existing in Annapurna region. Annapurna Jomsom trekking follows the ancient trade route that has been in use since primordial days for trade in between Tibet and locals of Annapurna. We will walk along world’s deepest Kali Gandaki gorge to the temple of Salvation God- Muktinath where we can observe eternal flame. 108 Water taps increase the glory of Muktinath temple complex.
Annapurna Jomsom Trekking takes us to Jomsom which is the famous gateway to hidden Mustang region. One can experience different aspect of Nepal in this trek. The sharp change in altitude enables us to experience diverse wildlife, climate, weather, landscape and culture. The path is scenic with views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna Mountain Range and other mountains over 8000m. The combination of natural and cultural wealth makes Annapurna Jomsom trek a once in a lifetime experience.
Highland Expeditions organizes exceptional 15-days Annapurna Jomsom trek itinerary. A team of highly experienced staffs coupled with uncompromising logistics support and carefully handpicked itinerary drafted by the travel expert ensures the memorable trekking experience. September to November and March to May are best season for Annapurna Jomsom trek. The path becomes colorful with array of blooming rhododendrons in Spring season (March to April). The path is moderately strenuous and since there is sharp increase in altitude, there should be concern for High Altitude Sickness. We suggest the enthusiasts to prepare themselves with light exercise before joining the trek.
– Equipment (Down Jacket, Sleeping bag wt liner, Duffel bag) worth of USD 300 provided for trekking
– Comprehensive first aid kit with oxygen backup for all high altitude treks
– Satellite phone for emergency purpose
– Fully guided trek with an expert leader and team of dedicated staff
– Medical trained staff with English language proficiency
– All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation included on trek
– Reasonable price with no hidden cost
– High staff to client ratio on all trips
– Higher success ratio
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion or similar category for 2 nights
- Internal flights (Pokhara - Jomsom)
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card and ACAP)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Sightseeing of Kathmandu including guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff