Terms and Conditions
ALL BOOKINGS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
That all bookings are made with Highland Expeditions Nepal Pvt. Ltd
Email Enquiries: [email protected]
1. It is an absolute fundamental condition that you acknowledge that this is an adventure vacation in some of the most rugged territory on earth. This requires some flexibility. The day to day itineraries we offer you must be taken as a guideline only. We cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by International or domestic flights, strikes, Government regulations, weather or natural calamities, riots, arson, public vandalism or any act of God etc. In such cases, Highland Expeditions shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which could be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, Highland Expeditions shall be only responsible for refunds after deducting expenses already incurred.
2. Tentative booking will be accepted and we will hold it for two (2) weeks giving you time to promote and collect deposits. When you are ready to confirm, just submit to us the Booking Form (Which we will send you) together with the initial deposits. The final payment will be a month from the date of the intended trip.
3. Your booking will be confirmed by email once we have received a deposit of 25 % from the trip cost and the signed copy of your booking form and contract. This deposit/booking fee will be forfeited and is non-refundable in the event of any cancellation.
The balance is due no later than one month prior to departure. If you book a tour less than 1 month prior to departure, you must send the full payment within 7 days of confirmation by us.
4. If you cancel, the following scale of charges will apply:
|DATE/TIME OF CANCELLATION||CHARGES INCURRED|
|After booking confirmation||Loss of deposit|
|10 to 28 Days before departure||50% of total trip cost|
|Less than 1 week before departure||100 % of total trip cost|
5. All the trip cost are shown in USD unless otherwise stated.
6. If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
7. The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us including the deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellation). We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
8. In case of the journey broken of early return upon client’s own wish or causes, Highland Expeditions shall not be liable to any refund of the days not utilized. Clients have to pay for the hotel or any extra costs incurred after leaving the itinerary.
9. LUKLA/KATHMANDU FLIGHT CANCELLATION
The flight between Kathmandu and Lukla, where the Everest region trek/climb starts and ends is generally reliable on weather. If incase of poor weather all flights will be canceled for the day. In the event of flight cancellation we will attempt to get you on a chartered helicopter but you are responsible for the extra costs in this event which can range from $150 to $500 or more depending on the number of people on the flight.
10. Before joining the tour/trek we recommend you take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. You must supply documentary proof of it. If you do not have travel insurance you must have a credit card with at least a US$10,000 limit. Travel Insurance is imperative especially when doing treks above 3000m.
11. The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However, the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation – Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances – No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams. We do offer our sympathies though. All information and advice provided (vaccinations, climate, trekking equipment, visas etc) is given in good faith but without responsibility by us.
12. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader. Signing the booking form implies your acceptance of the tour leader’s decisions which could affect the group or individuals. The tour/trek leader will give you a complete briefing on your arrival about your journey with Highland Expeditions.
13. If you have a complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with the tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 10 days of the tour/trek completion. We shall try to agree on a settlement; this process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
14. When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them for the good of us all and our good standing with one another, for your safety and overall good welfare.