Terms and Conditions
ALL BOOKINGS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Your agreements are made with Highland Expeditions Nepal Pvt Ltd located at Mt. Everest Summiteers Marg, Saraswatinagar 06, Kathmandu, Nepal. Our terms and conditions have been carefully crafted with respect for our clients, our administrative staff, and our guides, and we strongly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to protect your investment.
1. All bookings are made with Highland Expeditions Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
2. It is an absolute fundamental condition that you acknowledge that this is an adventure vacation in some of the most rugged territories on earth. This requires some flexibility. The day-to-day itineraries we offer you must be taken as a guideline only. We cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by International or domestic flights, strikes, Government regulations, Weather or natural calamities, riots, arson, public vandalism or any act of God etc. In such cases, Highland Expeditions shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which could be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, Highland Expeditions shall not be held responsible.
3. A tentative booking will be made after you have sent us the trip booking form and we will hold it for two (2) weeks giving you time to promote and send the trip deposit. When you are ready to confirm, 20% of the total trip cost will be required as a trip deposit which is non-refundable. Your booking will be confirmed by email once we have received a signed copy of your booking form, passport copy and the trip deposit (20% of the trip cost). A final trip confirmation letter will be sent after we have received all the required documents and the trip deposit.
4. The balance payment of 80% can be made after your arrival in Kathmandu by cash or card (for card payment an additional 3.5% bank charge will be levied). For High Altitude Expeditions, Tibet Trips and Bhutan Trips you are required to make the balance payment of 80%, one (1) month prior to the trip starting date.
5. All the trip costs are shown in USD unless otherwise stated.
6. This deposit fee of 20% is non-refundable in the event of any cancellation. The deposit fee of 20% is basically non-recoverable cost that are incurred while making the bookings. Losing the money, you have paid for the trip is worse should you need to cancel the trip after confirmation. Therefore, having Insurance with Travel protection is recommended. Please refer to our insurance page.
7. If you wish to reschedule the trip for a future date due to any circumstances, we will transfer your trip deposit and any other payments made for the future trip date as per your schedule. Kindly note that any cancellation charges that are levied on us by accommodation providers, airlines, travel agents or third-party tour and transport operator fees will be deducted from the trip deposit. You will also have to bear all the expenses (Price increase in flight, hotel, permits etc.) or additional costs (International tickets, visa, insurance, etc) incurred due to a change in trip date.
8. If you are not able to reschedule your trip and choose to cancel your trip due to any reason, your trip deposit and any other payments made will be forfeited and will not be refunded as a cancellation charge. Due to the nature of the trip and the “no-refund” policies of government tourism offices and cancellation charges levied by accommodation providers, travel agents or third-party tour and transport operator fees, we must adhere to this stringent refund policy.
9. The trip will not be cancelled/postponed unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war, or COVID-19. If we cancel/postpone the trip we will hold your deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellation, hotel booking cancellations, permit fees, staff insurance etc) and provide you with an option to schedule the trip on the next dates as per your schedule without any rescheduling charges. However, any price increase (Hotel, Flight, Permit, etc.) on future departure may be applicable. We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs). If you cancel your trip and are unable to reschedule the trip for the next date, your trip deposit will be forfeited as per our standard cancellation policy.
10. If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
11. In case of the journey broken of early return upon the client’s own wish or causes, Highland Expeditions shall not be liable to any refund of the days and services not utilized. Clients will have to bear all the expenses (Hotel, Food, Transfers or any other expenses) themselves after leaving the itinerary.
12. LUKLA/KATHMANDU FLIGHT CANCELLATION
The flight between Kathmandu and Lukla, where the Everest region trek/climb starts and ends is generally reliable on the weather. If in case of poor weather, all flights will be cancelled for the day. In the event of flight cancellation, we will attempt to schedule the flight for the next day again if your itinerary allows otherwise we will get you on a chartered helicopter but you are responsible for the extra costs in this event which can range from $200 to $500 or more depending on the number of people sharing the flight.
13. Before joining the tour/trek we strongly recommend you take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for trip cancellation and interruption, baggage loss and delays, medical expenses, any cancellations, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. You must supply documentary proof of it. If you do not have travel insurance you must have a credit card with at least a US$20,000 limit. Travel Insurance is imperative, especially when doing treks above 3000m.
14. The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the trip and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However, the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation – Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances – No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams. We do offer our sympathies though.
15. All information and advice provided (vaccinations, climate, trekking equipment, visas etc.) are given in good faith but without our responsibility by us.
16. By signing these terms and conditions you certify that your images and videos may be used without charge by Highland Expeditions for promotional purposes, printed promotional items and promotional presentations, unless you notify us in writing that you do not wish to have your image to be used for these purposes.
17. The Member agrees that the Company staff might be taking photographs and/or sound and/or videos recordings of the Member during the Trek/Climb for advertising, promotion, communication and training purposes on all types of media support including, but not limited to, in brochures, films, websites (in particular social networks) and newspapers. The Member grants full image rights related to the above throughout the world in perpetuity to the Company. Any and all of the Image Rights shall be freely assignable by the Company.
18. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader. Signing the booking form implies that you accept the trip leader’s decisions, which could affect the group or individuals. The tour/trek leader will give you a complete briefing on your arrival about your journey with Highland Expeditions.
19. If you have a complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with the tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within ten (10) days of the trip completion. We shall try to agree on a settlement; this process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
20. Emergency Medical Evacuation: The member accepts that your trip leader/guide/climbing sherpa can call for a rescue helicopter in case of a life-threatening situation for the Member even if the approval of the Member’s insurance company is not obtained. In such a situation, the Member accepts to support all related costs and to indemnify the Company of any cost resulting from the rescue.
21. Assumption of Risk: I understand that participating in the activities offered entails inherent risks including, but not limited to, the risks described in this activity detail. Having read this form, I am fully aware of the risks and hazards associated with the Activity and hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the Activity. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activity. I also acknowledge that Highland Expeditions accepts no responsibility for the actions of persons and/or companies supplying goods and/or services as part of Highland Expeditions’ activities or any extra costs incurred due to delays or complications beyond our control.