Terms and Conditions
ALL BOOKINGS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Your agreements are made with Highland Expeditions Nepal Pvt Ltd located at Mt. Everest Summiteers Marg, Saraswatinagar 06, Kathmandu, Nepal.
1. All bookings are made with Highland Expeditions Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
2. It is an absolute fundamental condition that you acknowledge that this is an adventure vacation in some of the most rugged territory on earth. This requires some flexibility. The day to day itineraries we offer you must be taken as a guideline only. We cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by International or domestic flights, strikes, Government regulations, weather or natural calamities, riots, arson, public vandalism or any act of God etc. In such cases, Highland Expeditions shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which could be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, Highland Expeditions shall not be held responsible.
3. A tentative booking will be made after you have sent us the trip booking form and we will hold it for two (2) weeks giving you time to promote and send the trip deposit. When you are ready to confirm, 20% of the total trip cost will be required as a trip deposit. The balance payment of 80% can be made before or after your arrival in Kathmandu. For High Altitude Expeditions, Tibet Trips and Bhutan Trips you are required to make the balance payment of 80%, one (1) month prior to the trip starting date.
4. Your booking will be confirmed by email once we have received a signed copy of your booking form, passport copy and the trip deposit (20% of the trip cost). A trip confirmation letter will be sent after we have received all the required documents and trip deposit.
5. This deposit/booking fee will be forfeited and is non-refundable in the event of any cancellation.
6. If you cancel your trip due to any reason, your trip deposit and additional payments made will be forfeited as a cancellation charge and will not be refunded.
7. If you wish to postpone the trip for a future date due to any circumstances, we will transfer your trip deposit and any other payments made for the future trip. However, any charges incurred due to flight cancellation, hotel cancellation, permits, wages etc will be deducted. You will also have to bear all the expenses (Price increase in flight, hotel, permits etc) or additional cost incurred due to change in trip date.
8. All the trip cost are shown in USD unless otherwise stated.
9. If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
10. The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will hold your deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellation) and provide you with an option to schedule the next trip dates without any additional charges. However, any price increase (Hotel, Flight, Permit, etc.) on future departure will be applicable. We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs). If you cancel your trip and are unable to reschedule the trip for the next date, your trip deposit will be forfeited as per our standard cancellation policy.
11. In case of the journey broken of early return upon client’s own wish or causes, Highland Expeditions shall not be liable to any refund of the days and services not utilized. Clients will have to bear all the expenses (Hotel, Food, Transfers or any other expenses) themselves after leaving the itinerary.
12. LUKLA/KATHMANDU FLIGHT CANCELLATION
The flight between Kathmandu and Lukla, where the Everest region trek/climb starts and ends is generally reliable on the weather. If in case of poor weather, all flights will be cancelled for the day. In the event of flight cancellation, we will attempt to get you on a chartered helicopter but you are responsible for the extra costs in this event which can range from $200 to $500 or more depending on the number of people sharing the flight.
13. Before joining the tour/trek we recommend you take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. You must supply documentary proof of it. If you do not have travel insurance you must have a credit card with at least a US$10,000 limit. Travel Insurance is imperative, especially when doing treks above 3000m.
14. The trip deposits are not refundable in the event of any cancellation. Losing the money you have paid for the trip is worse should you need to cancel the trip after confirmation. Therefore having an Insurance with Travel protection is recommended. Please refer to our insurance page
15. The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However, the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation – Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances – No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams. We do offer our sympathies though.
16. All information and advice provided (vaccinations, climate, trekking equipment, visas etc) are given in good faith but without responsibility by us.
17. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader. Signing the booking form implies your acceptance of the tour leader’s decisions which could affect the group or individuals. The tour/trek leader will give you a complete briefing on your arrival about your journey with Highland Expeditions.
18. If you have a complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with the tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 10 days of the tour/trek completion. We shall try to agree on a settlement; this process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
19. When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them for the good of us all and our good standing with one another, for your safety and overall good welfare.