Tengboche Monastery Trek or as we prefer to call ‘’ Mountains and Monasteries’’ is one of Nepal’s finest short trekking holiday in the sublime region of Khumbu, Nepal.
- Nepal's finest short trekking holiday
- Mountains and Monasteries
- Close up view of Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam
- Sherpa villages and Tengboche monastery
Tengboche Monastery Trek or as we like to call it ‘’ Mountains and Monasteries’’ is one of Nepal’s finest short trekking holiday in the sublime region of Khumbu, Nepal. A perfect trek for those who want to experience Everest in shorter days and yet are unprepared to tackle the high altitude. Experience the panoramic views of world’s tallest mountains, Sherpa villages, tall suspension bridges, Tengboche monastery and many more in our 10 days Tengboche monastery trek.
Tengboche monastery trek gets into gear with a fantastic mountain flight to Lukla Airport. The flight time is about 35 mins and you can enjoy the splendid views of mountains from your window. Make sure you sit on the left side of aircraft for your first great views of the Everest region. Upon your arrival at Lukla, you will be met by the rest of the crew. Our porters will load your bags and gear up for the trek. Following the Dudh Khosi river, we trek to Namche Bazar via Phakding and spend two nights here for acclimatization by hiking up to Everest view hotel and surrounding villages. We continue our trek to Tengboche, from where you can get the best view of Everest and surrounding mountains. Visit Tengboche monastery, the largest monastery in the Everest region and retrace our steps back to Lukla the following day. The maximum elevation of our Tengboche Monastery trek is 3,860m/12,665ft at Tengboche, making this trek a perfect moderate trek in shorter duration.
Is this trek for you?
Duration for treks of this grade stretches up to two (2) weeks. Trails generally go above 4000 meters at maximum and on a daily basis, you can expect to be walking for about 5 – 7 hours. The perfect setting of introduction to moderate & challenging trekking in Nepal. Activity level/physical rating is slightly harder than leisure and involves occasional difficult days. Expect ups and downs as well for there will be hills to climb as well and the well-known ‘Nepali flat’ – a little bit up and a little bit down.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Note: Maximum elevation of each particular day has been put into the graph, the overnight elevation may be lower than as shown in the graph.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (National Park & TIMS Card)
- Internal flights (KTM-LUKLA-KTM)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
It’s been a while since I travelled to Tengboche with these guys in December 2019, but felt I need to give them the glowing review they so deserve, from the moment I got off the plane to the moment I got back on it to leave, I felt completely safe and looked after, every moment of my trip was well planned and enjoyed, I would not travel with anyone else when I come back to hit base camp, I would 110% recommend Passang and Sabin who was my guide on the trek, already planning 2021