|Official Name||:||Xizang Zizhiqu (Rooftop of the world)|
|Capital City||:||Lhasa (Sunshine City)|
|Area||:||1.2m sq. km.|
|Highest Point||:||Mt. Everest (8,848m)|
|Language||:||Tibetan and Chinese.|
|Geography||:||Plateau to tropical forest|
|Ethnic Groups||:||Menba, Lhoba, Hui and Han|
|Religions||:||Tibetan Buddhism and Animism|
|Attractions||:||Potala Palace, Mount Everest, Mansarovar Lake, Barkhor Street, Mount Kailash and ancient monasteries|
The mystical land of Tibet beyond snow-clad mountains has fascinated many travellers from across the world. Tibet is the Chinese autonomy which is regarded as the roof of the world. Tibet shares its border with India, Bhutan, Sikkim, Burma and Nepal. This stunning land offers spectacular views of mountain, plateaus, lakes and natural wilderness while the region holds its own unique and time-forgotten cultural practice. People have still adopted nomadic life.
Geography of Tibet
Located to the southwest of China, Tibet is aptly called the roof of the world as it is the world’s highest plateau. There are more than fifty 7,000m+ peaks and five 8,000m + mountains in Tibet. The average altitude in Tibet is 4900m.
Weather and Climate in Tibet
In an average, the temperature in Tibet remains around 28 degrees Celsius in summer and it drops down below zero to as low as -15 degree Celsius in winter. The rainy season begins in July and remains till August. The temperature fluctuates swiftly in this land. May, June and September is the best time to visit the eastern part of Tibet.
read moreread less
Packages in Tibet
- Overland tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu
- Cultural and historical tour
- 2 full days sightseeing of Lhasa
- Kathmandu and it's highlights
- Tibet- Roof of the world
- Everest Base Camp north side and Potala palace.
- Witness the culture and tradition of Tibet
- Fully organized overland tour
- Excellent preliminary peak for Everest
- Easiest of the fourteen 8,000m peaks
- Fully guided expedition with highest success rate
- 6th highest mountain in the world