- Lobuche East Climb and Everest Base Camp
- Great high altitude training climb
- Stunning views from summit
- Led by highly experienced guides
Lobuche Peak Climb Overview
Lobuche Peak Climb is popular among climbers as one of the toughest trekking peaks to climb in the Everest region. Standing tall at 6,119m, the mighty Lobuche East offers more challenges than its neighbours, Mera and Island, and has a more technical feel to it. Lobuche climb is a better choice for those who have had some mountaineering experience in the past. Views from the summit are as glorious as anyone can imagine and the Himalayas of the Everest region stretch out before you.
The climbers would have to face the challenges of tricky rock slabs, 45-degree ice slopes and sensational exposure throughout the Lobuche East climb route to the summit. Everest climbers prefer to climb Lobuche Peak for better acclimatization purposes before climbing Everest. Although not an easy peak to climb, the Lobuche summit rewards the conquerors with exhilarating views of Himalayan panorama in the Everest Khumbu region including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and other mountains and peaks.
In terms of difficulty, Lobuche East Peak Climb is categorized under Grade PD+ on Alpine Grading System. This peak demands technical climbing skills. A successful climb of Lobuche Peak was made only in 1984 which is quite late as compared to other commercial climbing peaks in the Everest region. Many climbers prefer to choose the southeast ridge route to the summit. Our itinerary combines Lobuche East Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek. Before moving to the peak, we do the acclimatization trek to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar.
Read our top 10 tips for Lobuche Peak Climb
Lobuche Peak Climbing Route
Lobuche Peak standing tall at 6119m offers a more technical feel to the climb than other popular trekking peaks in this region such as Island Peak and Mera Peak. South-East Ridge is the most popular and common route for the Lobuche climb and we, at Highland Expeditions will be following the same route. We have also placed overnight at high camp in our itinerary. The route from high camp to the summit of Lobuche involves rock slabs, steep terrain and a 45-degree snow slope. The route to the summit also passes through the exposed ridge at approximately 5700m giving you the feeling of exposure along the way.
Why climb with us?
At Highland Expeditions we always believe in ‘Safety first and Service paramount’. The success of any climb depends largely on a carefully planned itinerary and best logistics and these are what we offer.
We are committed to maintaining the climb safe and successful with the quality of service. Our emphasis is always on maintaining the small group so that it will be easy to coordinate and cooperate with each other.
You will be guided by highly professional guides who have experience in successfully climbing several national and international peaks. At Highland Expeditions, we provide a 1:3 guide to client ratio on summit days. We are dedicated to providing the highest professionalism throughout the climb by taking utmost care of all the logistics needed.
Is this trip for you?
Graded alpine PD+ with 45 Degree snow slopes and exposed ridge climbing. The use of harnesses and crampons is a must to climb these slopes. Since you will be receiving a full day of pre-climb training, where you can learn mountaineering skills and know the correct way of using climbing gears, previous experience of climbing is not essential. However, Previous trekking experience at high altitudes will be beneficial. It would be beneficial to prepare yourself for the climb with some regular training including running, cycling or gym work. Be prepared to walk for 6-7 hrs per day on average.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Fully guided and supported trek and climb to Lobuche East.
- All meals (B,L,D) on trek including hot water and tea.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Teahouse/Lodges during the trek
- Twin sharing accommodation at tents during the climbing period at Lobuche high camp
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek and climb
- Climbing guide/leader and sherpa guides 1:3 (Guide to client ratio)
- Internal airfare with airport taxes (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Supplementary oxygen system for emergency purpose
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Group climing gears and use of personal climbing gears on request
- Staff summit bonus, insurances and allowances
- Summit certificate issued by the Nepal Mountaineering Association
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses and tips
I had an amazing time on this expedition. The support and services Highland provided were amazing, very helpful and couldn’t be better. Fully recommend Highland Expeditions!
I would sign up for another trip with them in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.