- Annapurna base camp and famous hill station (Poonhill)
- Panoramic views of mountain range
- An ideal place to Chill-Pokhara
- Traditional villages and beautiful landscapes
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a moderate grade trek in the inner Annapurna region of Nepal that takes you to the southern base camp of the world’s 10th highest mountain with a side visit to Annapurna Poonhill. You’d want to do this trip with your loved ones or those closest to you, for sure. Out of this world views of the Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri from Poon Hill, and you get to see Machhapuchhre (fish-tail) peak upfront, the ‘centurion’ of the Annapurna Sanctuary.
Look through the amazing sunrise on the south face of Annapurna I from Base Camp and marvel at the wonderful and pleasant differences between Nepal’s climate zones, its rich wildlife and sublime landscapes. Visit the famous Himalaya viewpoint, Poonhill (3210m) and the south base camp of Mt. Annapurna (4,130m) in a single itinerary
This venture takes us north of sizzling Pokhara, a great trek into Himalayan journeys of a unique kind as you enter into the inner chambers of the legendary Annapurnas. Hereabouts, massive mountains such as 8,000 metres, Annapurna 1, Annapurna South, Gangapurna and Machhapuchhre, surround the original geographic amphitheatre known as the Sanctuary of the Annapurna, a feast for the eyes that beholds nature at its zenith.
The blending of this outing into the sanctuary with a visit to the classic Himalaya viewpoint of Poon Hill is the jackpot of a dream vacation; this hike is a wonderful combo that provides us with a little over two weeks of some quaint walks into the great Himalayas of Nepal, at its best.
We experience sub-tropical forest swarming with interesting wildlife, lovely villages with trimly terraced rice fields, and pleasurable ridge hiking accompanied by stunning Himalayan vistas that leave us panting for breath. Strolling through the ‘gates’ of the Sanctuary, we culminate into a haven of ice and snow that finds us enclosed by huge Himalayan peaks which leave us gaping awestruck.
We then return to the evolution of nature as we hike by the plummeting Modi Khola (river), through a portrait-perfect countryside of overlapping hills dotted with villages of clean colourful houses and flower beds, surrounded by terraced fields. On the way, we meet fellow travellers from around the globe where we stop over for a teeter-totter to share our exciting experiences of a world we never knew existed, till now. And then we head back to the city of lakes – Pokhara – and the ancient valley of Kathmandu and a soft warm bed.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||14N/15 Days|
|Trekking Duration||09N/10 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||4,130m/13,550ft at ABC|
Duration for treks of this grade stretches up to two (2) weeks. Trails generally go above 4000 meters and on a daily basis, you can expect to be walking for about 5 – 7 hours. The perfect setting of an introduction to moderate & challenging trekking in Nepal. Activity level/physical rating is slightly harder than leisure and involves occasional difficult days. Expect ups and downs as well for there will be hills to climb as well and the well-known ‘Nepali flat’ – a little bit up and a little bit down.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion or similar category for 2 nights
- Internal flight (KTM-PKR)
- All required permits for trek (TIMS Card & ACAP)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private A/C Vehicle
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private A/C Vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff insurances, allowances and equipment
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Group welcome dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
A thoroughly enjoyable, well planned and balanced trek to Annapurna Sanctuary. Combined with Poonhill, the trek was fantastic and we had an opportunity to explore more of the region. The panoramic mountain view from the top of Poonhill is breathtaking.
This was my first visit to Nepal and thanks to Passang and his team on the ground, it was filled with lifetime memories that I will treasure forever. Well planned itinerary, proper safety backup, great logistics and excellent team. A wonderful experience; varied and eventful.