- A splendid adventure and breathtaking views of the Himalayas
- Alpine lakes of Gosaikunda and the Lauribina Pass
- Insight into the ethnic Tibetan culture and lifestyle
- Climb Tserko Ri for panoramic views
Langtang Gosaikunda and Helambu Trek features a splendid adventure and breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges, including insight into the ethnic Tibetan culture and lifestyle. Embark into the picturesque landscape of the Langtang region as you trek past beautiful rhododendron and pine forests, high pass, lakes and quaint villages. Unique biodiversity decorated with the snow-capped mountains on the backdrop. Get ready to explore the wilderness as you traverse across one of the less frequented regions in Nepal.
Starting from just 10 km north of Kathmandu valley, Langtang Gosaikunda and Helambu trek is an ideal trek if you want to avoid any uncertainties of air travel and logistics. It is the most accessible of all the trekking regions in Nepal. Overall, this trek is considered a moderate grade trek but the alpine lakes of Gosaikunda and the Lauribina Pass situated at 4610m offers real challenges to this trek. Witnessing the beauty of the Gosainkunda Lake is another major highlight of this trek.
Langtang Gosaikunda and Helambu Trek starts at Chisapani after a short drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu. The journey continues towards the Helambu valley, which is renowned for its monumental heritage and the intact culture of the Hyolmo people. Witness stunning snow-capped mountains like Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Dorje Lakpa, and many more.
The trek will then divert to the holy lake of Gosaikunda, which is a famous Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage destination. Gosaikunda lake is a sacred lake worshipped by both Hindu and Buddhist followers. Every year in August, thousands of pilgrims come to Gosaikunda to bathe in the lake.
From here we descend to Thulo Syabru connecting the Langtang Valley Trek trail. We continue the journey towards the alpine Himalayan valley following the inward valley of Langtang region. You can witness the diverse flora and fauna as you enter the Langtang National Park, which is home to the endangered red pandas, including numerous animals and birds. Enjoy tasting the local yak cheese and witness the icy glaciers on the peripheral region at Kyanjin Gompa. Confront the panoramic view of the glorious mountains from Kyanjin Ri or Tserko Ri.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|20 Sep, 2020||05 Oct, 2020||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|11 Oct, 2020||26 Oct, 2020||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|01 Nov, 2020||16 Nov, 2020||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|04 Apr, 2021||19 Apr, 2021||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|25 Apr, 2021||03 May, 2021||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|26 Sep, 2021||11 Oct, 2021||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|10 Oct, 2021||25 Oct, 2021||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
|31 Oct, 2021||15 Nov, 2021||USD 1500||Available||Book Now|
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu during the trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- Accommodation at clean and cosy teahouses/lodges on the trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for the trek (TIMS Card & National Park Fees)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Use of Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Nepal visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff