- Excellent introductory peak climbing trip for beginners
- Perfect peak to build mountaineering skills
- Relatively comfortable and non-technical climb to 5550m
- Trek through Langtang Valley
Yala Peak Climb serves as an excellent introductory peak climbing trip in the Himalayas due to its relatively simple and non-technical climb. Yala peak can be climbed in total two weeks time allowing proper rest & acclimatization and training day. Combined with the Langtang valley trek, this is an excellent climbing holiday in Langtang region for beginners and for people having limited time.
Climbing Yala peak does not require any previous mountaineering experience. Reaching the summit of the Yala peak is relatively more comfortable as compared to other trekking peaks in Nepal. It is a perfect peak for beginners to build their mountaineering skills. The summit of Yala peak affords you the unparalleled view of mountains like Langtang Lirung (7246 m), Dorje Lakpa (6990 m), Gangchempo (6388 m), and even Shishapangma (8027) in the Tibetan region.
Yala peak climbing journey takes you through the wonderland of the Langtang region, combining the beauty of nature and culture to offer you an enjoyable experience. The magic of the mighty glaciers, beauty of dramatic landscapes, spiritual bliss of ancient monasteries, and the integrity of Tamang culture and lifestyle is something sure to delight you.
The trek begins from Syabrubensi along the Langtang Khola, and you climb up the Langtang valley to reach Lama Hotel. You continue your walk through the forested hills and pastures until you reach Kyanjin Gompa and stop for acclimatization. In the last couple of days, you move upward to reach Yala Base Camp and summit the peak to complete the adventure. After the successful summit of the Yala peak, you retrace your steps along the familiar trail and drive back to Kathmandu.
Except for the base camp, you will stay in teahouse lodges with minimum necessary facilities. For the climbing period, it will be a tented accommodation. We have also kept a climbing course at the base camp before the actual climb.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather and health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Fully guided climb with climbing guides at 1:3 ratio (Guide to Client Ratio)
- All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation at Teahouses/Lodges during the trekking period.
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents during the climbing period
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for the trek and climb
- Porterage of all equipment
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Comprehensive first aid kit with a supplementary oxygen system
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose and a nominal charge for personal use
- Use of waterproof Duffel bag, a Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket
- Group climbing gears
- Use of personal climbing gears [Mountaineering Boots, Harness, Crampons, Helmet, Ascender, Rope, Ice Axe, Screw-gate Carabiners (Lock & Unlock), Prusik Loop)
- Guides summit bonus, insurances and allowances
- Summit certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association
- Rescue arrangements
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses - Drinks & Souvenirs
- Gratuities for staff