- One of the most famous trekking trails in the world
- Traverse Thorong la Pass at 5416m
- High mountain ranges of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri
- Beautiful landscapes and diverse cultures
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a classic trek covering a 128-mile horseshoe-shaped route that encircles the mighty Annapurna Mountain Range. Listed on the world’s best trekking trails in the world, Annapurna circuit trekking offers splendid Himalayan views, diverse landscapes and cultures.
Opened to foreigners only since the 1980s, the chances of witnessing more than ten different cultures of ethnic locals and going through the wide variation in vegetation and geographical terrain ranging from the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki Gorge to the world’s highest mountain pass of Thorung La at 5416m soon made the Round Annapurna Trek the Holy Grail among trekkers.
Embark on your journey through the sprawling rhododendron forest. Enjoy the close-up looks of Annapurna ranges. Cross the challenging yet rewarding Thorong La Pass(5416m) and seek salvation at the sacred Muktinath Temple. Begin your trek from the lowland of Jagat and continue walking through the valleys that cut through the mountains into the other side of Annapurna.
Acknowledging your love for nature and solitude, we have handpicked the Annapurna Circuit Itinerary that allows us to avoid the road construction sites as far as possible, a well-acclimatized itinerary and overnight at Phedi instead of high camp. Annapurna Thorong La Trek is a bit challenging yet rewarding experience. Crossing Thorong La is the most difficult part of this trek. Be prepared to walk for 6 to 7 hours on average a day.
What makes our Annapurna Circuit Trek Unique?
Our Annapurna Circuit Trek itinerary has been devised keeping every aspect in mind; avoiding motor roads, side excursions to the old villages, proper acclimatization and a carefully planned itinerary to ensure you don’t miss out on anything.
Side excursion to Ghyaru and Ngawal, the views are simply amazing on this route. We also have scheduled an acclimatization day at Manang
Our Annapurna Circuit Trek is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will only need cash for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu. Accommodation in Kathmandu and during the trek, three meals per day on the trek valued at USD 450, Use of (Down jacket, sleeping bag and waterproof duffel bag), all required permits for the trek, guides, support staff, internal airfares, transfers to and from Kathmandu and etc are all included.
Is Annapurna Circuit Trek suitable for you?
This is a longer trek reaching up to an elevation of 5500m where some of the famous mountaineering Base Camps are located and you need to sleep at an elevation of 5000m for a few days. Physically challenging, involving daily trekking of approximately 6 – 8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and be adaptable to high-altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu during the trek with boiled water, tea & coffee.
- Twin-sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Twin-sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion or a similar category for 1 night in Pokhara.
- Accommodation at clean and cosy teahouses/lodges on the trek
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Jomsom to Pokhara airfare
- All required permits for the trek (ACAP & TIMS Card)
- Experienced local trek leader with a 1:4 assistant guide-to-client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- All airport transfers and escorts as per flight time.
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high-altitude medicines
- Free usages of Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bags
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
The gear listed below is recommended for this trek. We encourage you to get all the equipment listed below for the trip and kindly ensure you check and try every piece of equipment. You can also buy or hire the same in Kathmandu as they are available in the many trekking shops from branded to local manufacturers in Kathmandu.
- Warm hat (should cover head & ear comfortably)
- Buffs X 2
- Sunglasses (High-quality, UV-blocking sunglasses with good all-around protection)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (200-300 lumens output)
- Thermal or fleece base layer top X 2
- Short Sleeve Trekking shirts X 2
- Full Sleeve trekking shirts X 2
- Soft-shell jacket/fleece jacket X 2
- Light down jacket X 1
- Hardshell jacket with a hood X 1
- Insulated Down Jacket (provided by us at request)
- Thermal or fleece base layer bottom X 2
- Trekking trousers/pants X 2
- Warm trekking trousers X 1
- Hardshell pants (Non-insulated and waterproof)
- Insulated down pants (optional)
- 5 pairs of synthetic or wool fabrics only
- 2 Sports Bra for women
- Waterproof Hiking Boots (GoreTex and Good Tread)
- Hiking socks X 4 pairs medium to heavy (synthetic and wool)
- Liner socks X 2
- Camp shoes to wear at the teahouse
- Yaktrax / Microspikes
- Softshell gloves X 1
- Heavyweight gloves X 1
Gears / Personal equipment:
- Daypack 30-35 litres with rain cover
- Waterproof Duffel bag (provided by us at request)
- Down Sleeping bag (-15 C rated) (provided by us at request)
- One-litre capacity water bottle X 2 (Nalgene & Thermos)
- Trekking poles
- Camera with charger or spare batteries
- Personal snacks and energy bars (you can buy them during the trek too)
- Laundry bag to keep the dirty clothes
- Padlock (Optional)
- Rain Poncho
- Large plastic bags to keep the clothes dry
- Extra clothes to wear in Kathmandu when you come back from the trek.
- Ear plugs
Toiletries and hygiene:
- Quick-drying towel
- Small face towel
- Toothbrush &Toothpaste
- Face mask
- Water treatment tools or tablets (Recommended: Aquatabs)
- Deodorants, Soap and Shampoo (Smaller bottle)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Sunscreen SPF30+ and Lip balm SPF 30+
- Hand sanitiser/Antiseptic wipes
- Hygiene products
- Basic first aid kit (Pepto Bismol, Cipro (500mg tablets), Metronidazole, Hydration salts, Eye drops, Azithromycin (250mg tablets), Diamox (250mg tablets, approx. 35 total), and variety of standard painkillers including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc)
- Passport with visa and validity of 6 months after your trip completion
- Credit cards in case of emergencies
- Driving ID or any other ID in case of loss of your passport
- Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets
A brilliant trek expertly guided by Passang and his team at Highland Expeditions. I can’t speak highly enough about the way we were looked after and would highly recommend Highland Expeditions to anyone who is looking to book a trekking or climbing holiday.
The trip was excellent from start to finish. Very helpful and attentive staff who could not do enough for you. Very informative and very helpful when i got a bit sick.
Thank you Passang, your team and Highland Expeditions for a thoroughly enjoyable trek and memories that i will treasure for a lifetime.