- One of the famous trekking trail in the world
- Traverse Thorong la Pass at 5416m
- High mountain range, beautiful landscapes and diverse cultures
- Famous hill station (Poonhill)
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a classic trek in covering 128-mile horseshoe-shaped route that encircles the mighty Annapurna Mountain Range. Listed on the world’s best trekking trails in the world, Annapurna circuit trekking offers splendid Himalayan views, diverse landscapes and cultures. Opened to foreigners only since the 1980s, the chances of witnessing more than ten different cultures of ethnic locals and going through the wide variation in vegetation and geographical terrain ranging from world’s deepest Kali Gandaki Gorge to the world’s highest mountain pass of Thorung La at 5416m soon made the Round Annapurna Trek the Holy Grail among trekkers.
Embark your journey through sprawling rhododendron forest. Enjoy the close-up looks of Annapurna ranges. Cross the challenging yet rewarding Thorong La Pass(5416m) and seek for salvation at sacred Muktinath Temple. Begin your trek from lowland of Jagat and continue walking through the valleys that cut through the mountains into the other side of Annapurna.
Acknowledging your love for nature and solitude, we have handpicked the Annapurna Circuit Itinerary that allows us to avoid the road construction sites as far as possible, well-acclimatized itinerary and overnight at Phedi instead of high camp. Annapurna Thorong La Trek is a bit challenging yet rewarding experience. Crossing Thorong La is the most difficult part of this trek. Be prepared to walk for 6 to 7 hours a day.
What makes our Annapurna Circuit Trek Unique?
Our Annapurna Circuit Trek itinerary has been devised keeping every aspect in mind; avoiding motor roads, side excursion to the old villages, proper acclimatization and carefully planned itinerary to ensure you don’t miss out on anything.
Side excursion to Ghyaru and Ngawal, the views are simply amazing on this route. We also have scheduled a day hike on Day 07 to Ice lake or Milarepa cave.
Our Annapurna circuit itinerary combines the best of the region with a trek to Poonhill at the end. Visit Poonhill, a famous hill station for panoramic views of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and etc.
We offer fully guided trek for Annapurna circuit trekking with a high staff to client ratio. We have achieved over 95 % success rate on Thorung La Pass without the use of high altitude medicines with our well-devised itinerary.
Is Annapurna Circuit Trek suitable for you?
Longer treks reaching up to an elevation of 5500m where some of the famous mountaineering Base Camps are located and you need to sleep at an elevation of 5000m for a few days. Physically challenging, involving daily trekking of approximately 6 – 8 hours. No previous trekking experience is required but you should be moderately fit and must enjoy walking and adaptable to high altitude conditions.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation at Hotel Dandelion or similar category for 1 night
- Accommodation at clean and cozy teahouses/lodges on trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for trek (ACAP & TIMS Card)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff
A brilliant trek expertly guided by Passang and his team at Highland Expeditions. I can’t speak highly enough about the way we were looked after and would highly recommend Highland Expeditions to anyone who is looking to book a trekking or climbing holiday.
The trip was excellent from start to finish. Very helpful and attentive staff who could not do enough for you. Very informative and very helpful when i got a bit sick.
Thank you Passang, your team and Highland Expeditions for a thoroughly enjoyable trek and memories that i will treasure for a lifetime.