- A true Himalayan wilderness experience
- Explore ancient sites, Tibetan cultures and untouched beauty
- Cross the Khangla Pass at 5,322m for panoramic views
- All-inclusive guided holiday in the Himalayas
Tucked between two famous trekking regions, Annapurna and Manaslu, Nar Phu Valley Trek is a true Himalayan wilderness experience journey. Located in the magical lands of Manang district in the Annapurna region, the Nar Phu Valley trek is one of the unique off-beaten treks in Nepal.
The Nar Phu Valley trek takes you to the remote villages of Nar and Phu, which was opened up to tourists recently on late 2000. The trek combines off the beaten trekking experience, majestic Himalayan views, remote communities and a breathtaking panorama of Annapurna range from the top of Khangla Pass. With a comparatively smaller number of trekkers in this region, Nar Phu Valley is still untouched by the modern world and mass tourism. The Nar Phu Valley trek will let you explore the lifestyle of people in rural areas. Traverse through the traditional villages of the remote communities while the beautiful sceneries accompany you along the way.
As the Nar Phu valley lies near the Tibetan border, you will notice the practices of Tibetan Buddhism. You will explore monasteries like the famous Tashi Lakhang Gompa in the Phu village.
The trek takes you on a beautiful journey towards the north of the famous Annapurna circuit trek. You walk past traditional village settlements, alpine grasslands, narrow canyons, and dense forests. Our trek starts off with a full day drive to Jagat, from where we will begin our 11 days trek. We follow the Annapurna circuit trail till Dharapani and branch off right from here towards Nar Phu Valley.
We will spend a week in the valley trekking and exploring the ancient sites, Tibetan cultures and untouched beauty. A full day for exploration has been kept at Phu Gaon. After this, we retrace all the way back to Nar Phedi and thereafter trek towards Nar. Following very gentle uphill climb we pass through small Buddhist Chortens and prayer flags along the way to Nar. We trek up cross Khang la Pass from Nar and descend to Ngawal. At 5322 meters above the sea level, Khang La Pass is the highest point on this trek and provides panoramic views of Annapurna range.
The last few days of the trek, we trek along the Marshyangdi river, losing altitude and passing by Lower Pisang, Chame and finally reach Dharapani. From here we drive back to Kathmandu and conclude our trek.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on the trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- Accommodation at clean and cosy teahouses/lodges on the trek
- All ground transportation as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- All required permits for the trek (ACAP & Special Permit)
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with high altitude medicines
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of the trek)
- Staff equipment, insurance and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for staff