Chulu Far East Peak Climb is one of our classic 6000m peak climbing holidays in Annapurna region, Nepal combined with the famous Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- A classic 6000m peak climbing holiday in Annapurna
- Refined itinerary with proper acclimatization and campsite
- 22 days of climbing holiday with Thorung La Pass combined
- Panoramic view of Himalayan vistas from the summit
Chulu Far East Peak Climb is one of our classic climbing holidays in Nepal combined with the famous Annapurna Circuit Trek. Out of the three Chulu peaks, Chulu far east peak climbing is a straightforward yet fun climb and does not require previous technical climbing experience. However, the steep terrain and scree slopes during the approach make it bit challenging. This peak has been often compared to the Island Peak in the Everest region.
Chulu Far East Peak Climb offers climber an opportunity to witness the breathtaking gifts of nature. The panoramic views of the Himalayan vistas from the summit of Chulu far east peak include Annapurna II, III & IV, Gangapurna, Manaslu, Glacier Dome, Pisang Peak, Chulu West Peak, and Dhaulagiri. You get to gaze upon the plains of Tibet to the north over the horizon. The trek passes through tranquil landscapes, lush vegetation, and the traditional villages of the Gurung people in the majestic Annapurna region. We have also added Thorung La Pass in the itinerary making it a perfect climbing holiday in Annapurna region of Nepal.
About the climb:
After your arrival and final preparation in Kathmandu, Chulu Far East Peak Climb journey begins with a long 8 hours of drive to Jagat. From Jagat, the trek starts through the foothills of Marsayangdi valley following the classic Annapurna circuit trail. The trail takes you through a gradual uphill climb for multiple days overpassing scenic villages of Dharapani, Chame, Upper Pisang and Ngawal. The trek then follows the remote trails with narrow ascending uphill climbs to Yak Kharka and then to the Chulu far east base camp.
Base camp will be located at 4,800m and the high camp will be pitched close to the glacial lake at an elevation of 5,400m. We also have a full day allotted for climbing preparation and route assessment before beginning our actual climb. From the base camp, it’s a 1260m of ascent to the summit. Our Chulu far east final summit push will be from the high camp instead of base camp as to break the long climbing journey, maximizing summit chances. From the summit, the view is breathtaking confronting several high Himalayan peaks.
After the summit of Chulu far east, we descent to the base camp and then to Manang to complete rest of the journey. We trek across Thorung La Pass at 5,416m and finally conclude the trek at Jomsom.
We have devised the best Chulu far east peak climb itinerary by making it more refined with proper acclimatization and combing Annapurna circuit.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather and health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The Trek & Climb leader/guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Our trips are available on both fixed departure and private group basis.
If you are looking for a group to join this trip please click the Fixed Departures tab for more information on departure dates, availability and price. All our fixed departures are guaranteed to run. Or, if you would like to do this trip alone, or with your friends, families & colleagues in a private group style, please fill out the contact form in Private Group tab and send us your message. We will organize a private trip for you at your preferred dates catering any request you may have.
- Fully guided climb with climbing guides at 1:3 ratio (Guide to Client Ratio)
- All meals (B,L,D) and accommodation at Teahouses/Lodges during the trekking period.
- Meals and High-quality mountain tents during the climbing period
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 4 nights with breakfast included
- Twin sharing accommodation at Pokhara for 1 night with breakfast included
- All required permits for the trek and climb
- Porterage of all equipment
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts
- Comprehensive first aid kit with a supplementary oxygen system
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose and a nominal charge for personal use
- Use of waterproof Duffel bag, a Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket
- Group climbing gears
- Use of personal climbing gears [Mountaineering Boots, Harness, Crampons, Helmet, Ascender, Rope, Ice Axe, Screw-gate Carabiners (Lock & Unlock), Prusik Loop)
- Guides summit bonus, insurances and allowances
- Summit certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association
- Rescue arrangements
- International airfare, visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses - Drinks & Souvenirs
- Gratuities for staff