- Manaslu (8th Highest mountain in the world)
- Off the beaten trail experience
- Mountain views, captivating villages and landscapes
- Larkya La, a mountain pass at 5160m/17200ft
Manaslu Circuit Trek is an outback roughshod trail with pure wilderness and baffling beauty. This is a trek for serious walkers and the sublime experiences you enjoy in this region are unlike any other you’d ever imagine. All these venture needs are a brawny pair of lungs, strong legs that have done a lot of hiking around, especially in mountainous regions and some detailed preparation that leaves out nothing. So if you choose ‘Trekking through the wilderness on the Manaslu Circuit’, hiking these gritty trails will reward you with experiences that will be non-fiction fables for you to write about when you get back home; a story to remember for a lifetime. Just get them bags packed with all your necessary gears and board your jet for the Himalayas in Nepal… this is an odyssey through some of the most arduous routes on the planet amid raw punishing beauty in the Himalayan region; it defies the mind, body and soul…it can change you for good…
Our Manaslu trek begins with a cultural tour warm-up of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu before we hit the trails to the beautiful Manaslu region. Manaslu is a legendary trail and is known for its natural diversity of landscapes that it traverses. However, the sceneries we witness hereabouts don’t come easy; the paths are rock-strewn and sometimes steep and include rickety bridges and slippery rock faces – this is all part of adventurous forays into the unknown wild. We get some awesome views of Mt. Manaslu at [8163m], the 8th highest peak on earth. The wealth of biological diversity in this blessed region stuns the imagination and the gripping, peculiar culture and lifestyles of the local folks, who represent much their neighbours in Tibet gives us wonderful opportunities to witness traditions that are ancient in nature and the chilling superstitions the folks believe in down here may raise the hair on your body and stir your imaginations to the core. Despite the tough and bitterly cold and harsh conditions these people live in, they will welcome you with warm hearts.
The peaking point in this trip is the ‘Larkya La Pass’ which most trekkers consider to be one of the most striking passes when crossing the Himalayas. Mandatory as it is with all ‘Highland Expeditions’ itineraries, our Manaslu circuit trek itinerary also makes sure that you get ample time for proper acclimatization so your body adjusts with the thin air at the higher elevations, and you feel comfortable when treading the heights on the trail. Due to its isolation and far-flung geographical nature, ‘Trekking through the wilderness on the Manaslu Circuit’ is meant for those who blend in and become one with Mother Nature…and on achieving this special feeling; you will have enjoyed the trip of a whole lifetime.
Is this trek for you?
|Total Duration||16N/17 Days|
|Trekking Duration||11N/12 Days|
|Maximum Elevation||5,160m/16,930ft at Larkya La Pass|
Manaslu circuit trekking is considered challenging due to its longer duration of trekking days and with the maximum elevation of 5,160m/16,930ft at Larkya La Pass. A daily average walking hour is 6-7 on this trek. Unlike other famous trekking regions of Nepal, Manaslu is still considered off the beaten so a basic sense of adventure is required on this trek. Previous experience of trekking is not required but you need to be fit and comfortable walking 6-7 hrs every day carrying your day pack.
Important Note: Your safety is of imperative concern while travelling with Highland Expeditions. Please take care to note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather or health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trek leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Dates & Price
Given below are the fixed departure dates for this trip. If the dates don’t match with your schedule, then kindly let us know and we will arrange a private trip customizing the departure dates suitable for you. The cost below is per person on group joining basis excluding the international flights. Group discount is available for booking of two or more than two persons. Kindly contact us if you have a bigger group for the discount.
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
- All meals (B,L,D) on OPEN/CHOICE Menu whilst on the trek with tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu guest house or similar category for 3 nights with breakfast
- All required permits for trek (Special permit, MCAP & ACAP)
- All ground transfers as per mentioned in the itinerary on private vehicle
- Experienced local trek leader with 1:4 assistant guide to client ratio
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Sightseeing of Kathmandu including guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu airport transfers and escorts on private vehicle
- Comprehensive first aid kit with oxygen mask and regulator
- Satellite phone for emergency purpose but nominal charge for personal use
- Duffel bag, Sleeping bag with liner and Down Jacket (Sleeping bag and down jacket must be returned after completion of trek)
- Staff equipment, insurances and allowances
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- International airfare, Visa and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses - Drinks and Souvenirs
- Gratuities for staff